Just popped in to say hello...

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Postby dodgy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:34 am

Hi there :D

Just logged in to the forum to see what was going on, so i thought i best just introduce myself.

I have been an avid WS fan for quite some time now (i feel old when i say that) and have been lucky enough to own and read all of his fantastic books at least twice.

I was first introduced to 'The Eye of the Tiger' when i pulled it from my dad's bookshelf years ago and couldnt put it down. After having a few years away from Wilbs i then got reacquainted when i read 'When the Lion Feeds' a few years later.

I enjoy books about good old fashioned heroes, and needless to say Sean Courtney fitted the bill. I particularly remember the scene where Sean fights his father in the study, catching him by surprise when he hits him with an already broken hand....

Anyhow, a few years later my partner and i were fortunate enough to have twins......unfortunately i couldnt get her to agree to Sean and Garrick as names..... :wink:

But thats enough of all that. I am looking for suggestions as to which of the books you think i should read *again* and why. I cant think of any one book that i didnt get along with, and i do not have any clear favourite. Also, if you know where i can get hold of 'The Seventh Scroll' TV series please let me know.

Cheers for now and thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dodgy
dodgy

Postby Nefer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 am

Hi Dodgy & welcome to the Forum!

I vote you re-read "River God". IMHO, the best book ever!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby dodgy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:40 am

A good suggestion thanks Nefer. I also have to say that i was really glad that WS chose to continue the Egypt series with 'The Quest'.
dodgy

Postby Ada » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi dodgy, welcome to the Forum.

Did you like The Quest? I'd be interested to know what score you'd give it. There's a poll in The Egyptian thread. :)
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi! You sound like a true fan, I hope you like it here!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Return to Introductions