introducing myself

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

introducing myself

Postby Penina Spinka » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm not on other groups and didn't know how this intro works so I hope I'm in the right place. I've read all WS' Egypt novels and 4 in the other series - the Courtneys, etc. I just finished The Quest yesterday and would like to ask questions and get opinions. I put his name into a search and this group appeared. I'm reading many of the discussions, but this is the first time I am posting. I'm an author of 4 published novels, 2 in the works. I just started writing professionally in my 50s so there is hope for the late starters.
WS is an inspiration for adventure and description. I'd love to ask him the same question other's did. Is this Fenn supposed to look like Lostris when the younger girl matured?
Also, why does WS use the names of ancient Goddesses for men in his stories, i.e, Demeter and Ishtar?
I would love a reply.
Penina Keen Spinka
Penina Keen Spinka
Penina Spinka

Postby Nefer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi & welcome Penina Spinka :)

You're the 2nd published author to join our ranks :) You must tell us a little about your work in the other authors forum! The Egypt series is by far my favourite too.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: introducing myself

Postby Matbow » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Hi! Looking forward to hearing about the books you've written!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: introducing myself

Postby Penina Spinka » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:45 am

Done, and thank you for the invitation to do so. I hope I entered it right. My latest work is based in 1100 BCE in ancient Canaan, Ephesus, Colchis and Corinth, and features Hecate, 'the Witch of En Dor', and Samuel, the Prophet. It is called Witches and Prophets, and I'm working to locate the right agent for it. Check out my published books in the New Author section.
Penina Spinka
Penina Keen Spinka
Penina Spinka

Return to Introductions