Hi I am a new member

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hi I am a new member

Postby RichardF » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Hi all. I must admit to being a real fan of all WS's books. I have read eveything many times over. I started a new job 18 months ago which has involved me traveling from Hertfordshire to London on the train each day. I decided that I would go back to the very begining and read each book in chronological order. I had forgotton how powerful they are. I read the Quest while on holiday and could not put it down. Today I finished Birds of Prey, missed my stop at Liverpool Street but at least I got to finish the story. Will start Monsoon the weekend.
One of my favourites, although a standalone is Eagle in the Sky. Over the years I must have read this book 10 times.
I started reading his books 32 years ago while working away from home as an apprentice electrician. The first was When the Lion Feeds, at least I started off on the right track. I have introduced many friends to the books, probably one of the reasons why I have to keep buying them all again, keep lending them out.
RichardF

Currently Reading: Monsoon

Re: Hi I am a new member

Postby Matbow » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum! Commuting is definitely a pain, but a great book does make it a lot more bearable!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Hi I am a new member

Postby Nefer » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the Forum Richard :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions