Hello Hello

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hello Hello

Postby Kimberlee » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:53 am

Hi there, Im Kimberlee, Im 18 and I live in sunny old Queensland Aus.

The first time I picked up a WS book was back when I was about 12, my Dad had just borrowed When the Lion Feeds from the Library and while he was driving us home I opened it up and started reading......about a poor kid having his leg taken off. Of course I then had to start at the begin, until Dad noticed I was reading it, he promptly took his hand off the steering wheel, snatched it away and said I wasnt allowed to read any WS book that he hadnt already read and deemed ok for me to read. Thank god about a week later he handed it back to me, and I havent stopped popping back into the Courtney's world since.

Suffice to say, when I started grade 8 the next year, the school librarian was utterly shocked to find someone so young looking for WS books.

When the Lion Feeds and The Triumph of The Sun, are and will always be my 2 favourite books.
Kimberlee

Currently Reading: HP7 and Rage

Re: Hello Hello

Postby Matbow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:14 am

Hi Kimberlee! Welcome aboard!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Kimberlee » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:40 am

Matbow wrote:Hi Kimberlee! Welcome aboard!

Thank you!
Kimberlee

Postby Nefer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:59 pm

I'll bet the librarian was thrilled to have such an accomplished reader :] Welcome to the Forum!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kimberlee » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 pm

Nefer wrote:I'll bet the librarian was thrilled to have such an accomplished reader :] Welcome to the Forum!

lol, Yeah well I would have been happy if they hadnt have given ALL their WS books away the year before because no one had borrowed them in the last 4 years!

Thanks for the welcome.
Kimberlee

Postby Danny Ramone » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:51 pm

i remember i read river god when i was 10, my dad wouldnt let me read birds of prey till i was older for some reason. my teachers were shocked that i was reading wilbur smith as well. not least of all because of the content.
Danny Ramone

Currently Reading: power of the sword

Return to Introductions