Old Fan, New Member

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Old Fan, New Member

Postby EnockNamun » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:25 am

Hello fellow Wilbur Fanatics!

I've been reading these books for a few years now (some, like River God, more than twice)
Let's see, I've read:
River God (3 times)
Warlock (2 times)
The Seventh Scroll (2 times)
The Sungod
The Quest (Just finished)

River God, by all means, is my all-time favourite book in the world!! So I hope to learn a lot here; I'm about to start looking through everything that this forum has to offer. Hopefully you guys can answer a few questions I have about the latest book, The Quest, that I just finished:
Spoiler:
1) Why is Lostris' baby-name Fenn, now, instead of Lanata? Kinda takes away from Tanus' namesake bow. 2) Why is Taita so awed by a rhinocerous? He designed a boat hull based on the rhino-horn for Tanus. 3) When Taita's "manroot" (I love it when Wilbur calls it that! lol) regroes, he says that he was a virgin, and was gelded before he ever had the 'opportunity'. Well, what about Alyda? I think the quote in River God is "I was gelded only after knowing the touch of a woman's body" (or something along those lines)
I guess I'll treat The Quest the same way I viewed Warlock -- a parody adventure, and not necessarily a sequal.
Anyroad, maybe these are questions for a different section, so I'll move on.. :)

I would like to know if there's any art associated with WS' Egyptian series? Fan-art, or what have you. I like to build simple webpages of my hobbies and favourite things, and would like to begin making a "Taita" site, in which I would love some art!! :)
EnockNamun

Currently Reading: River God, again

Re: Old Fan, New Member

Postby Matbow » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:28 am

Hi EnockNamun, welcome to the forum!

I've edited your post to include a spoiler box for your questions about the Quest - just so we don't ruin the read for anyone!

I think most of your questions have been answered in the discussions we already have going on the Quest, so I won't address them here. If you still feel like your missing answers then please feel free to post in the relevant threads/start a new one.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Old Fan, New Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:47 am

Yay another RG fan!!! Welcome!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions