Hi from South Africa

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hi from South Africa

Postby Lochner » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 am

I did not think the old man would have a high tech site like this!
I read allot of different books, but Smith's books just keeps me out of work and I have read all of them at least once. I appreciate the fact that I can relive the books when I go to different places in South Africa and the neighboring countries.
I am of to Kasane in Norther Botswana again in a few days and I am going into Zimbabwe for a few days to the falls. I just find it astonishing that history keeps repeating itself in some sense. If you read Angels Weep and Leopard Hunts in Darkness and you visit Zimbabwe, you will find that you are just reliving the story written by Smith. On going trouble between Shona and Matabele and power/money and Mugabe, (the Shona dog!)
Lochner

Currently Reading: rage

Re: Hi from South Africa

Postby Nefer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi and welcome Lochner! The forum is actually hosted by Matt, our site admin; so this isn't really an 'official' forum, but The Old Man (:lol:) does know that it exists :)

I'm very envious of your trip - I grew up in Botswana, went to high school in Francistown. What is the situation like in old Bots? Quiet as ever I hope!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Hi from South Africa

Postby Matbow » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Nefer wrote:Hi and welcome Lochner! The forum is actually hosted by Matt, our site admin; so this isn't really an 'official' forum, but The Old Man (:lol:) does know that it exists :)

I like to think we're officially unofficial!

Welcome Lochner!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Return to Introductions