WOW!

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

WOW!

Postby robbk77 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Everyone,
My names Robb. Im from England and I'm 30 years old.
I've only fairly recently got into Wilbur Smith (the last 4 years or so). I was going out with a South African girl and wanted to know more about her country which led me to his books! And now im addicted.
The south african girl is now my wife by the way! And she complains everytime I start one of his books as she knows she wont see me for a couple of weeks! Oh well!

Anyway, just thought Id introduce myself and say hi etc.
robbk77

Currently Reading: Monsoon

Re: WOW!

Postby Nefer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 am

Haha, that's got to be the best 'this is how I got into WS' story EVER! :lol: Welcome! Now we have to get your lucky wife reading WS too :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: WOW!

Postby robbk77 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 am

Hi all.

I've been reading wilbur smith books almost non stop for the last couple of years and have practically caught up with them all!
The egyption ones are probably my favourite, the first two more than the final two. But they're all class
But just thought I'd say I read Power of the sword last week and thought it's got to be one of my favourites! I didn't expect it to be so good but i was so impressed with it.

Is Power of the Sword anyones favourite?
robbk77

Currently Reading: Monsoon

Return to Introductions