writing

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

writing

Postby Doug » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:50 pm

My first time doing this. Initially I wished to say to Mr Smith that I am a true-blue fan of his Egyptian novels and I have only just finished 'The Sunbird'. Absolutely some of the finest writing I've read. Thank you, Mr Smith! Now if you will excuse me, I must hurry back to my writing and my second illustrated children's book. About a tree....
Doug

Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Re: writing

Postby Nefer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:46 pm

We should find out how many writers WS has inspired...

Welcome Doug! You must tell us a bit about your work :) I think you're the 3rd person to post here who has been inspired by WS and is now a published author.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: writing

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm

[b]Writing has always been a dream for me and successful, paying writing a goal. Finally it is happening. I wish I could have had my ducks in a row years earlier but there simply was no extra time. WS has been an inspiration but so have other writers mainly of British, Irish and Welsh stock. True wordsmiths seem to grow with regularity in our world and always in time to influence several generations who, in turn, hopefully, will influence new.
A writer never knows who will enjoy his work(s). Writing for the sheer joy of feeling like a middleman who receives his inspiration from personal experiences or on the wind gives the writer a satisfaction of personal achievement. The reader who can relate to what has been written will complete the reading with a feeling of whatever the writer intended to transmit. Joy. Satisfaction. Great ending... "The Sunbird" captured for me, a Great Ending. No hanging threads.
Doug

Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Return to Introductions