Shaka Zulu the movie

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Shaka Zulu the movie

Postby irene » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 am

Hi there Wilbur Smith fans. I have been reading WS novels for most of my life. I especially enjoy The Courtneys which I reread every few years. Each time it gets better. Feel as if I know the characters personally. I came across this site while looking for info on Chaka's Gate. Some time ago I saw the movie Shaka Zulu which was enthralling. One of my husband's ancestors fought and died at the Battle of Isandlwana which made the whole scene very real for us. And it is a great background for the WS novels. If anyone has seen that movie I would be interested in their opinion.
irene

Currently Reading: Jamaica Inn

Re: Shaka Zulu the movie

Postby garwil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 am

Hi Irene,
I saw the movie and by and large it had a lot of the facts concerning the life and times of King Shaka (spelt various ways such as Chaka, Shaka and more recently Tshaka) . The movie set they used in the movie still exists ( http://www.shakaland.com) and is located approximately 250kms from where I live. It is very popular with visitors interested in the history of Natal (now called KwaZulu-Natal)...
garwil

Currently Reading: Quest

Re: Shaka Zulu the movie

Postby Nefer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Lucky that you got to watch the movie!

I read the Shaka Zulu play in high school, it was really awesome!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions