New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Postby bluebird » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 am

Hello All,

My name is Julie. I am 37 y/o, and live in Illinois. I am a mom with two kids, and I am new to this whole form. I mean that I have never belonged to one of these before, so please bear with as I learn.

I have been reading WS for 5 or so years now. I stumbled upon River God at the grocery store of all places. I must admit, I was really drawn by the coverart. I picked it up while standing at checkout. I was so pleased with my purchase, and later that night I was finished. I could not put it down.

The next day or so I went to the local library to see, to my dismay, that every one of WS's books were checked out.

The town I live in is rather small, our library is also rather small. They only carry three of his books.

Since that "fateful" grocery store trip, I pick up any WS book that I do not own, when I see them.

I am never disappointed.

I also enjoy reading: Jean Auel, Margaret George, George RR Martin, Judith Tarr. I would recommend all.
bluebird

Currently Reading: Reign of the favored

Re: New Member

Postby Nefer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi & welcome bluebird!

I adore Auel :) And M. George is another all time fav - I wish they wrote as much as WS! You have lots of fun reading in store for you, lucky lady :D Try used book stores for WS books, that's where most of my collection is from.

And Off-topic, check out http://www.ecfans.com for a good Auel hang-out :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby vale9472 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:44 am

welcome bluenird,i'm also new in this kind of things but we're all friends here we can learn together :D it's funny how you stambled in WS i knew of him for a lucky coincidence too and now i have all his books and i can't wait for the next.even my town is small so i bought the books while travelling or in the big bookstores in milan
vale9472

Postby bluebird » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Thank you for the Welcome.
bluebird

Currently Reading: Reign of the favored

Return to Introductions