New Members Introduce Yourself Here!

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

New Members Introduce Yourself Here!

Postby Bee » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:36 pm

Okay well I guess I'll start this section of by saying that I'm a new member. Just joined like a minute ago. So let's open up this forum! I'm Bee! :D Nice to meet you all!
Last edited by Bee on Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:25 pm

Hi Bee and everyone else, I guess I should really take your lead and introduce myself!

Im Matt (matbow) and Im from the North of England. I started this forum about 3 weeks ago (Sept 05) due to the lack of a forum to discuss Wilbur Smith!

Thanks for looking,

Matbow
Last edited by Matbow on Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:30 am

Hi Bee & Matt! waves madly in general direction

I'm Nefer.. well, I gues you already know that, lol.

I'm Nefer and a WS addict... and converter of ppl to WS!

Okay, other members who have joined & lurkers who are too lazy to register & post... Stand up & repeat after me... We are all addicts... Of WS, of course!
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Phils_jd » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:21 pm

Yes I must admit to being an addict. I've read all his books generall a couple of times. I am a real Sean Courtney(Snr) fan - but enjoy all his others.
Phils_jd
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Hey me too!!! I love Sean (Jnr)!

Welcome to the club :D
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby aaron » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:06 pm

hi, i'm Aaron from Ireland and i'm a Wilbur Smith nut have read all his books most of them at least three times, I know I need help, but anyway hello everybody.
aaron

Postby Matbow » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Hi Aaron, welcome to the forum (and thanks for posting too).

3 times - wow! I havn't even read them all yet (altho I didn't pick up any WS books until a year ago)!
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:18 pm

Hi Aaron!

If you need help with your WS addiction, you've come to the wrong place, we encourage all WS fandoms here!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:50 pm

Hey Aaron!

Glad you joined! If you have any comments or anything or suggestions of improvement let us know!

So what do you do? Are you studying, working...?
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:56 pm

Hi i'm Monsoon(doesn't seem right does it), i have already made some posts so i had better stand up in front of class..do i have to!
I live in Cornwall in the UK, and i've been a WS fan for ages. Have not read Triumph yet but i've read all the others except one which i got three quarters of the way through and discarded in disgust...there were a lot of fans who were up in arms about that one. More of that in future, methinks i am going to be contraversial! Yes 1 or 2 of you are huge fans of that book, but never mind because that is what will attract some of the guests to join and add there comments. Anyway forums like this are made for discussion and debate, after all if everyone was in agreement it would be a pretty bland place.
Thanks. :D
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:10 pm

Hi!

After reading a few of your posts I kinda got the impression that you might be a bit controversial...but as you say that should be good for the forum :)

I'm guessing here, but is the book you "discarded in disgust" River God?

Matt
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Bee » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:07 pm

Hey Monsoon!

It's cool that you didn't like the book. Everyone has their faves and is entitled to their opinion. :D Welcome to the forum!
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 pm

I should say that I am the 'one or two fans' who LOVES River God and will defend it to my last breath! But, as I always say, each to his (or her, lol) own ;) :)

That being said, welcome, Monsoon! :D
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Monsoon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:54 am

Thanks.
I was here a month ago, and it was my slight opposition to a couple of the posts that brought me back here to join.
Actually i'm considered quite a nice guy, so i don't think i will be rocking the boat very much.
Besides who mentioned RIVER GOD not me..as if.. :roll:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Glad you came back!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Me too! I'm glad that you came back!
Bee
Founder Member

Who is Wilbur Smith?

Postby Yakumo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:57 am

For WS to attract so much attention and so many reprints of his book then I guess it might be time to read a couple more of his epics.

Oh by the way I am Yakumo a huge Madonna Fan through all the ages and transformations and I openly admit I have only ever read one Wilbur Smith book in my life. I can't remember the title nor any of the story line :o . So I thought I better get on this site and see what all the fuss is about.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Monsoon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 am

Nice to see you here Yakumo :D
Now, how about picking up all of Wilburs books and see if you can remember which one it was you read!! :roll:
42..you are not a fan of LOST by any chance are you?

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:54 pm

the 42 thing is from "hitchikers guide to the galaxy" if im not mistaken
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby garrick » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:13 am

Hi

I first saw a WS staying over at a mates house when I was about 13, picked one up, but never read it.

When in Australia in 2002, almost 20 years later read Men of Men which I found in a hostel in Kalgoorlie of all places. Enjoyed the detail and as I was working in mining it seemed apt. My wife rolls her eyes as her previous serious partner was a real WS fan and in some ways we are very similar men.

Then I bought 20 1970s era books off Ebay as part of a job lot for around 10 bucks on a whim and started off with CryWolf because it seemed fun. Now starting the Courtneys of Africa (3 in one volume) which I got in a 2nd hand book shop in Melbourne.

This forun has made me seen the error of my ways - I should have read Falon Flies first, I should have started with Birds of Prey...

I find some of the African history interesting but have problems with all the factions; often the detail WS provides seems to differ from the history.

Do people have favourite editions; I like the 1970s covers best. White background, color title. Subject of new thread maybe?

Let you know how I get on.
garrick

Next

Return to Introductions