Introducing myself, Bigmac993

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Introducing myself, Bigmac993

Postby bigmac993 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 am

Hello Everyone
I just found this site today and have registered. I visited Africa for the first time in my life in 2008, 2 times, and once so far in 2009. I am fascinated with Africa. After I returned home to the US, one of my friends told me about Wilbur Smith in Febuary, 2009 and so far I have read 28 of his books, all but the Egyptian series. I have never enjoyed a series of books so much from one author. I have visited Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, and Egypt so far and will be visiting some of the interior countries soon. It is fascinating to me to look at some of the web sites today and see cities and areas I recognize from Wilbur Smith's books and also as I am reading the books, to remember places I have been and things I have experienced that he has written about such as the Mozambique channel, the flying fish, dolphins, ect. I sailed completely around Africa entering in the Med, then through the Suez, Red Sea, dodged the Somalia pirates around the horn and landed in Mombasa, Kenya on the "Fever Coast". Twelve days later on to Beira, Mozambique, then 5 days later on to Durban, South Africa for a week. And finally around the southern tip of Africa and on non stop to Houston, Texas. What a trip and what a great author. Thank you Mr Smith. I hope you will write many more books.
Thanks everyone!
When the Lion Feeds, The Dark of the Sun, Sound of Thunder, Shout at the Devil, Gold Mine, Diamond Hunters, Sunbird, Eagle in the Sky, Eye of the Tiger, Cry Wolf, A Sparrow Falls, Hungry as the Sea, Wild Justice, A Falcon Flies, Men of Justice, The Angels Weep, The Leopard Hunts in Darkness, The Burning Shore, Power of the Sword, Rage, A Time to Die, Golden Fox, Elephants Song, Birds of Prey, Monsoon, Blue Horizon, The Triumph of the Sun, The Quest, Assegai
bigmac993

Currently Reading: Blue Horizon(again)

Return to Introductions