introducing myself

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

introducing myself

Postby Osipov » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:38 am

Hi,

I am new in here and glad to be among a lot of Wilbur's fans. "Hatari" strarring John Wayne and some of Wilbur's books have had a decisive influence of my elder son's decision to spend several years in the southern part of Africa.

I know very well Egypt, but the last trip I made there was with Taita's books in my bag. It has been quite an experience to put my Nikes in the traces of the Magus' sandals.

I am myself an author and have published les "Mémoires d'Osipov" on the internet. It is probably because I know how difficult it is to write a historical novel that I have such an admiration for Wilbur's work.

Creating a world, strong characters, conducing a plot from A to Z, planning all sorts of events to cut the reader's breath and possessing the culture and documentation to make fiction more than real is a great but hard job. And Wilbur is a master.
Osipov

Currently Reading: Power of the Sword

Re: introducing myself

Postby annagram » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Osippov - welcome - I think at one time this was a very interesting site but is not very active anymore. I had fun reading some of the posts.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Return to Introductions