New Member Hello

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

New Member Hello

Postby primmative » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Hello Everyone--

I live in Atlanta, Georgia (Unted States). I have read all of WS's books and most twice. Just found this site by accident, and was hoping to get some news on the next book after Assegai (which was excellent). If he holds to his schedule though it won't be until 2011 8^(

Right now I am finishing up my second reading of "The Seventh Scroll"

Anyway, hello!
primmative

Currently Reading: Seventh Scroll

Re: New Member Hello

Postby johnrogers » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Wilbur Fan - just want to say hello to you - looks like your in the double reader fan zone of reading Wilbur - well I just want to say hello to you - I am a new member of the forum - but love reveling in the love and satisfaction - I to am a fan and its hard to believe that there are fans who have shared the experience even more profound than I - take care and thank you god for Wilbur - from John Rogers - canadian and proud as sean courtney for it
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby sarah.rueda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:55 pm

As well, I'm a WS fan, living in Atlanta! I've read quite a few WS books-- Assegai, Birds of Prey, Monsoon, Blue Horizon, When the Lion Feeds, Sounds of Thunder, Burning Shore, A Sparrow Falls, and also the River God... I'm about to start The Power of the Sword. Each new book is a new discovery and a new relationship! What a friend I've found in WS! He knows the human heart so well and predicts what the reader wants in a hero/heroine and doesn't disappoint!
I'm really grateful that amazon.com sells the books as "used" for $0.1 so it's been a relatively cheap indulgence! : )
Enjoy!
sarah.rueda

Currently Reading: The Power of the Sword

Postby johnrogers » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 am

sarah.rueda wrote:As well, I'm a WS fan, living in Atlanta! I've read quite a few WS books-- Assegai, Birds of Prey, Monsoon, Blue Horizon, When the Lion Feeds, Sounds of Thunder, Burning Shore, A Sparrow Falls, and also the River God... I'm about to start The Power of the Sword. Each new book is a new discovery and a new relationship! What a friend I've found in WS! He knows the human heart so well and predicts what the reader wants in a hero/heroine and doesn't disappoint!
I'm really grateful that amazon.com sells the books as "used" for $0.1 so it's been a relatively cheap indulgence! : )
Enjoy!
Hi Sarah - just a friendly hi how are you - I to am a great Wilbur Smith fan - have just completed the Rage which was an amazing journey - Thank God for Wilburs books
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Nefer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 am

Hi and welcome :D

I'm not holding my breath for a new book - prefer the older ones over the newer. I guess I;ve read so many that it's easy now to predict the plot :lol:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Ada » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Nefer wrote:Hi and welcome :D

I'm not holding my breath for a new book - prefer the older ones over the newer. I guess I;ve read so many that it's easy now to predict the plot :lol:

Wow, you said it out loud! I wonder how many other fans feel the same way? He must have read/heard the critisism of the last few and yet he's kept on writing. He definitely doesn't need the money and is a very proud man so why would you put yourself through that? I guess he's chosen not to listen to the critisism and still writes because he wants to, the publishers are willing to accept it (mistakes and all) and we the fans are willing to keep reading/buying whatever he writes :eek: .

Come to think of it, I haven't bought Assegai yet - I must see if it's available here in paperback yet - I have read it but it was a library copy.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Nefer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Hey Ada :)

I'm not saying I won't buy any more of his books - just that the recent ones don't have the same magic. All the books follow the same basic plot-line, but the older ones have more... magic (for lack of a better word) in them. The characters seem more alive than the more recent ones.

As for WS - he probably writes for the joy it gives him, and after all his years of experience, he's entitled to it! I'll continue to buy and read his work for as long as he's willing to create them!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions