Hello all

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hello all

Postby the2ems » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:07 am

I am new to this forum, but not new to Wilbur Smith. I would imagine that, like myself, most people on here have read all of the Wilbur Smith novels. Well I haven't quite read them all. I am currently reading Assegai. Although I bought it just after issue, I like to leave the books on the shelf for some time while I savour the moment of actually starting to read.
I started to read WS novels about 18 years ago when I came across a copy of goldmine. I then joined the local library and started to search the shelves for more from WS. I think I read the first 3 Ballantine stories out of order, because that is how I found them on the library shelf. But then I started reserving books, and reading in the order of publication. I then started buying hard back copies and re-reading, and currently have all of the Courtney novels, and the Courtneys of Africa. I also have all of the Egyptian novels in hardback, and am now starting to buy and re-read the Ballantynes. Now I have a problem. I cannot find a hardback copy of Men of Men. Anyone know where I can get this please? :?
the2ems

Currently Reading: Assegai

Re: Hello all

Postby Nefer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Used book stores are a goldmine :) Or any online book shop which has a used books section.

Happy shopping!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Hello all

Postby johnrogers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello Zems
My name is John Rogers - I live on Vancouver Island - Canada - and I love Wilbur Smith - nice to meet you
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Introductions