New guy intro

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

New guy intro

Postby jordy14 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi all!

I never imagined I would be a part of any blogging activity but Wilbur's books have got me obsessed. I'm 28 and hadn't read a novel since I was last forced to do so in school. My first book was Assegai and I've since been hooked but have often wondered if I've just missed out on how great reading can be or if Wilbur is truly an exception

I've since gone on to read a couple Egyptions and stand alones, and all the Courtneys except Golden Fox.....is this a mistake??

Anyhow I've started "A Falcon Flies" yesterday after finishing "A Time to Die" (which is a 4 or 5 way tie for my favorite). I'm 80 pages in and just know I'm gonna love it.

Anyways, that's my story in case anyone cares
jordy14

Currently Reading: Triumph of the sun

Re: New guy intro

Postby Nefer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Golden Fox is really good, go back and read it after you're done "A Time to Die'; as the books have the same characters. I won't tell you too much as I don't want to spoil either book for you, but Fox will captivate you.

As for reading, I'm glad you've found out how good books can be :) We have a list of recommendations, there are quite a few authors who compare to Wilbur Smith. But first get through the thirty something Wilbur has penned!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions