Thanks for your welcome

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Thanks for your welcome

Postby WhiteRock » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:12 am

Hi everyone, I'm glad to join you all in this forum. I'm a beginner in the world of WS but he has totally gripped me with all 6 novels that I have enjoyed thoroughly reading to date. I am currently reading 'Power of the Sword' and have come across Lothar De La Rey (DLR). I remembered reading about another DLR in 'Assegai', and wondered if they are related as I can't find the connection after a little research. Perhaps it will be explained later in this book, but can't help my curiosity. I looked up the other DLR and found his name to be General Jacobus Herculaas De a Rey. Can anyone help me or suggest a way I could explore this further please? :D
WhiteRock

Currently Reading: Power of the Sword42

Re: Thanks for your welcome

Postby Nefer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 am

Power of the Sword is the second book in the Courtney series - I suggest you check out Burning Shore to read more about the De La Reys :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Thanks for your welcome

Postby vincent » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Whiterock,
General de le ray was a real person who was very prominent in the Anglo Boer war in South Africa. WS has built him into the Assegai story. He is still a folk hero among the Afrikaans community in SA. Google him, he had a very interesting life. The other de le rays in the Courtney books are ficticious.
Vincent.
vincent

Location: Howick, Natal Midlands,South Africa. Close to Ladyburg!!!!
Currently Reading: The white whirlwind

Return to Introductions