Dutch fan

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Dutch fan

Postby kinko64 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 am

Hello everybody,

Altough i am a dutch fan i only read his books in english. My mom gave me monsoon en since then i am addicted. Currently i am reading Eagle in the Sky and then it's the burning shore and the rest of the novels of the courtneys of africa. My favorite book sofar is The Sunbird and my leat favorite is The Quest which i didn't even finish.
kinko64

Currently Reading: Eagle in the sky

Re: Dutch fan

Postby johnrogers » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi Wilbur Smith fan as I am as well.So you are Dutch but read in english that is very interesting why do you not read them in dutch are they not available in the dutch language.Monsoon was a fantastic book I read it as well and it is one of my favourite books by Wilbur Smith.You have many hours of great reading iahead of you,I have read every novel Wilbur Smith has written and my wife has as well.There was not one book that I did not enjoy and I am sure you will feel the same after you have read all of his works

SPECIAL NOTE :lol: Make sure you try and read the Courtenay series the Ballantyne series and the Egyptian series in the correct order it will wnhance your experience.If you are not sure what the proper sequence is go to Wilbur Smiths official website and the correct order is there
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby kinko64 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:33 am

Hi John, the reason i read in english is because i think it is the most beautiful language in the world. Dutch is a pretty straightforward language and i dond't like reading it.

I just finished eagle in the sky and i have all the second courtneynovels on my shelve (burning shore etc.) The first and the third sequence i have already read.

First i'm going to read matterhorn by Karl Marlantes and then it's on to wilbur again.
kinko64

Currently Reading: Eagle in the sky

Postby johnrogers » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Well that is interesting as well how you perceive the english language and I commend you as well for your command of more than one language :lol:

A good many whom belong to this forum have read the majority of Wilburs Smiths books.You are very fortunate that the reading is still ahead of you.I can not tell you of the thrills to come your way. I read a fair amount and really have never yet to discover an author whom I enjoyed as much as Wilbur Smith some come close but none can equal the level of storey telling Smith is capable of.In fact it is kinda frusterating at times however for me the truth is he has no equals in the literature world he blends the perfect mix and keeps the pace going along - I have never been bored or confused by any one of his books.YOU ARE SO LUCKY - make sure you read in the correct sequence it will enhance the experience by a mile [b11] \:D/
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Introductions