Hi,from Calgary,Alberta

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hi,from Calgary,Alberta

Postby stephanie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Finally got signed in to this forum.I have been a avid Smith collector for over 25 years.My father gave me my first Smith book and now I have around 220 Ist editions UK,US,arcs and proofs,limited signed and flatsigned.Still adding to collection ,now putting together the Uniform eds. and just anything interesting by foreign publishers,large print ect.ect.ect.Would like to hear from other collectors/fans around the world.
stephanie

Currently Reading: peril

Re: Hi,from Calgary,Alberta

Postby Nefer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:30 am

Wow that's an impressive collection! Welcome to the Forum :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby stephanie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi Nefer,thanks for your post.It's been real fun putting the collection together.I have it all behind glass in 1880 barrister cases.Even though it's impressive, the real fun is in the stories.Smith is a awesome story teller and I always anticipate his next book.Hope to hear from you again and others who enjoy his work....all the best.....Stephanie
stephanie

Currently Reading: peril

Postby tedd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 am

Hallo Stephanie - I also welcome you to the forum, as a fellow collector. However don't be taken in by Nefer's flattering comments. She, along with her brother Canuck Johnrogers read E-BOOKS would you believe!!! So it wouldn't take much to impress them!!
But I on the other hand, am really impressed!! You should maybe consider putting together a paper on the different editions with photos - I doubt whether there is anybody else in the world who has put together such a WS collection and I am sure your collection is unique. Well done.
I collect southern Africana - the only fiction I include is WS and Percy Fitzpatrick's Jock of the Bushveld. There are a few variants of the illustrations in the "Jock" editions which make them all collectible as also in the illustrations in Livingstone's "Missionary Travels", but with my WS books I have, I think, collected only the original publishers' (Heinemann, Macmillan) first UK (true) editions and have most of them now signed.
Good luck with your future collecting
(Incidentally Nefer and Johnrogers - I was only joking) - tedd
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm

tedd wrote:Hallo Stephanie - I also welcome you to the forum, as a fellow collector. However don't be taken in by Nefer's flattering comments. She, along with her brother Canuck Johnrogers read E-BOOKS would you believe!!! So it wouldn't take much to impress them!!
But I on the other hand, am really impressed!! You should maybe consider putting together a paper on the different editions with photos - I doubt whether there is anybody else in the world who has put together such a WS collection and I am sure your collection is unique. Well done.
I collect southern Africana - the only fiction I include is WS and Percy Fitzpatrick's Jock of the Bushveld. There are a few variants of the illustrations in the "Jock" editions which make them all collectible as also in the illustrations in Livingstone's "Missionary Travels", but with my WS books I have, I think, collected only the original publishers' (Heinemann, Macmillan) first UK (true) editions and have most of them now signed.
Good luck with your future collecting
(Incidentally Nefer and Johnrogers - I was only joking) - tedd

Hi Tedd - got your message about electronic books ( har har ) - have a great day Tedd :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to Introductions