South african newbie :)

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

South african newbie :)

Postby theProd24 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:17 am

Hi all!

To be completely honest I read my first WS book only last year, so I really am a newbie in every sense of the word. The book was Elephant Song; I found it amazing - fast paced, unpredictable - and was immediately hooked. This year I read When the Lion Feeds, The Sound of Thunder and A Sparrow Falls, and am now officially in love with the Coutrneys :D I will soon (later today, in fact) be receiving my copies of Birds of Prey, Monsoon & Blue Horizon. Can't wait!

I just want to express my absolute joy at finding this forum, where I can communicate with fellow WS fanatics (and where I was immediately confused as to in which order to read the Courtneys books, thanks to a recent thread :lol: ).

I am still a scholar and much of the reason why I am enjoying the Courtneys series right now is because it is like an ongoing history lesson (and I love history). I love the accuracy and the, well, 'realness' WS portrays in his war scenes, and in pretty much every situation. His Courtneys novels are especially appealing since they are set in my home country, so I share his fascination with the beauty of southern Africa and thoroughly enjoy his descriptions of the land, many of which still apply today. All WS's characters are so well developed throughout each book that they have become, to me, real, tangible people.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome forum :)
theProd24

Currently Reading: Birds of Prey

Re: South african newbie :)

Postby vincent » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:06 am

Welcome to our forum and it is really nice to have another fellow South African.
You are in for an exciting ride with all those unread WS books ahead of you. I actually envy you.
This forum is full of useful info about our favourite author and his books.
Where in SA are you?
vincent

Location: Howick, Natal Midlands,South Africa. Close to Ladyburg!!!!
Currently Reading: The white whirlwind

Postby jeffw » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Welcome fellow Saffer! Some good folks on here so get stuck in! :D
jeffw

Postby theProd24 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome:)

I'm pretty excited too; something tells me the upcoming summer is going to be spent trying to get my hands on every WS book I can find countrywide. Scratch that, just every WS book :D

I'm in Port Elizabeth.
theProd24

Postby Nefer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:13 pm

theProd24 wrote:I was immediately confused as to in which order to read the Courtneys books, thanks to a recent thread :lol:

Haha! Glad to add to your confusion - and welcome to the Forum! Look forward to your thoughts on all the books, you are so lucky to have all these fantastic books to read :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby theProd24 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 pm

thanks:) or in the spirit of WS's understanding of SA, should i say baie dankie. or enkosi.
theProd24

Return to Introductions