Rooi

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Rooi

Postby rooi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:20 am

Hi All,
Being the newbie I thought it best to introduce myself.
Being a trustee for a Rhodesian Ridgeback charity and owner for some twenty odd years of these amazing hounds I wanted to know more about Africa and its peoples, customs and history.
Whilst searching the web so many folk referred to Wilbur Smith I read one of the Courtney novels and I'm hooked.
My wife is blind so reading to her then later via Royal National Institute for Blind people Talking books with a special regard to John Cartwright as reader of Wilbur Smith novels bringing the characters to life.
To say the books are thought provoking is somewhat an understatement and my only regret is that during my youth during the Rhodesian UDI I failed to take the trouble to learn and understand more about this wonderful land and the people of all colours and creeds.
Cheers
Rooi
rooi

Currently Reading: Rage

Re: Rooi

Postby Nefer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 am

Hi and welcome Rooi!

So glad you and your wife enjoy WS, and we look forward hearing your thoughts on the books :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to Introductions