New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Postby entebe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 pm

Just signed up today and posted a question then noticed that I was listed as a junior member. Aye, a while ago that was. I did click the proper age line but it obviously did not register, so if anyone thinks that a junior member can remember reading a particular book 40 years ago, just remember J.M.Barrie, his Peter Pan was Scottish.
entebe

Postby Rivaan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Hey there. Welcome to the forums :)

Heh, the junior part refers to your posting status, rather than age ;) If you get your post count to a certain number, that junior thing'll change to something else.

Can't remember what I am (will see, once I post), but I am only 21 years old. But since I've made 70+ posts...
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby entebe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:56 pm

Since I am new to this sort of thing, firstly many thanks for your contact, secondly, is that a photo of you? Don't know about submitting a photo unless it's one of the dog, she's better looking than me.

Cheers,

Entebe
entebe

Postby Matbow » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi Entebe - welcome!

Yes as Rivaan says, the Junior Member thing refers to the amount of posts you've made not your age!

I'd like to second your question to Rivaan too - is that you?! Also - you can have a picture of whatever you like in your avatar - it doesn't have to be you!

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Rivaan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:20 pm

I wish that was me! :lol:

Nah, that's just an avatar that I uploaded. It's Uruha, a Japanese guitarist from the J-rock band "the GazettE".

If you go to the top, where there are a bunch of links like FAQ, Search, etc., just click on profile and you can change some things there to personalise your user (like Avatars and also Signatures, like what is at the bottom of one's post, like mine about being the former Meren).

You can either upload a picture from your machine, or find one from the net.
Last edited by Rivaan on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:38 pm

Welcome Entebe!

I'm glad that you found your way to us :mrgreen:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks for joining us entebe! :D
Bee
Founder Member

Return to Introductions