New member from Scotland

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

New member from Scotland

Postby aboli83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 am

Hello!

I discovered this site after searching google for Ladyburg to see if it existed. Just discovered Wilbur this year with Birds of Prey which blew my mind, before Monsoon blew it even more. Blue Horizon was ok but I was missing the sea. Now Im on When the Lion Feeds and whilst I really miss the sea Im definitely getting into it. Any advice on whither I should keep going with the Courtneys or go and check out the much talked about Egyptians next would be appreciated. I also look forward to seeing if places like Nativity Bay and Fort Providence really exist or where they should have existed. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Simon
aboli83

Currently Reading: When the Lion Feeds

Re: New member from Scotland

Postby Nefer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Welcome Simon!

I'd say stick with the Courtneys and then check out the Egyptian series.

I'm so envious of all the great reading you have in front of you :D
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby SOELEY » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Hello and welcome,

It was the Egyptian books that first got me on to WS, the Courtney's are fantastic, but so are the Ballantine's and the standalone books :razz:

I have enjoyed reading them all, currently on Blue Horizon and since reading the Egyptian books I went back to the beginning and have read all the books in the order they were wrote.
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Postby annagram » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 am

I like the Courtneys the best followed by the Ballantynes. I didn't care much for the Egyptians although I read all of them. His stand alone books are good as well.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby aboli83 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Cheers folks, guess Ill stick with the Courtneys for now. Just finished When the Lion Feeds Last Night - the ending gutted me! Thanks for your advice!
aboli83

Currently Reading: When the Lion Feeds

Postby Nefer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 pm

I know. Thinking about it is making me all emotional again. Feel free to share your opinions on it in the thread :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby qmaus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 am

Hi, hope that you have a great time getting into all the WS books. For me the Courtneys are the real deal, Egyptian series...na, but read them anyway. Most of the individual ones are also good in their own right. Then the Ballentyne series. Read the Courntney series, if you can in sequential date order, from the first one, Birds of Prey, right through to the Golden Fox. There are some years missing that would link all the characters up, hope that WS still has a few more in the series up his sleeve so that these gaps re filled. For interest, Nativity Bay exists, but it is the current site of the city of Durban on modern maps of SA. Another spot mentioned in Birds of Prey, can't remember if its was actually named, but was used as a stop over to repair the ships, get fresh water, meat etc is called Knysna lagoon on the maps of SA. Look them up!

Enjoy
qmaus

Return to Introductions