hello from charlie barley

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

hello from charlie barley

Postby meynell » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:34 pm

My first Wilbur Smith novel was The Eye of the Tiger which I read for the first time about 23 years ago when I was 15. I found it utterly engaging, romantic adventure of a new kind for me, characters that drew me into their lives, moving as well as terrifically exciting and not forgetting Harry, a splendid role model for a frustrated teenager in an isolted english bording school, wanting someting more from life and questions answered.
I have visited some of the places that Wilbur mentions in his books and some of them have been more poignant because of it.
Thank you Wilbur.
I dont imagine you will read this but if you do and you dont mind me making a request then it would be , can we please have another eye of the tiger or hungry as the sea or else another novel set in africa.
Thank you once again
Charlie Barley
meynell

Postby Matbow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi Charlie, glad you found us!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Welcome to the board Charlie, I'm glad you found us!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi Charlie! Welcome to the forum!
Bee
Founder Member

Return to Introductions