New member from Sweden.

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

New member from Sweden.

Postby Ramon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:18 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum (well, I have had the account for some time, but I haven't participated with any replies before).

I'm from Sweden, so obviously English isn't my natural language, but I see myself as fairly good at it anyway.

My father have read Wilbur Smith as long as I can remember, and when I had my 20th birthday I got a big book containing "The burning shore", "Power of the sword" and "Rage". It just stood in my bookshelf for another 6-7 years until I decided to give it a try.

Of course I had to read "When the lion feeds", "The sound of thunder" and "A sparrow falls" before I could read "my" book.

After that I continued to read "A time to die" and "Golden fox"

After that I haven't read any Wilbur´s for a year or two. Last weekend when I was visiting my father, I borrowed The Ballantyne´s series, so right now I'm some 200 pages into "A falcon flies"
Ramon
Member+
Member+

Postby Penitent » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:22 am

Welcome Ramon,

I lived in Stockholm for a year and I have great memories of Sweden. Interestingly enough I was introduced to Wilbur there "Hungry as the Sea" being my first. I read it on the train ride form Stockholm to Oslo.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi Ramon!

Glad you took the plunge and decided to participate!

You're into one of WS's finest epics - you'll be hooked till the end :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:04 am

Hi Ramon and welcome!

The Courtney's is also where i started off with Wilbur. The Ballantynes are next up for me.

Enjoy the forum
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Bee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Welcome Ramon!
Bee
Founder Member

Return to Introductions