Hi - New (Old) Member in UK just joined.

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Hi - New (Old) Member in UK just joined.

Postby floydian_janner » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi All,

Just found this forum by taking the link from the excellent new WS official site.

First Book: Was at a boarding school in Totnes (Devon) many years ago, and a friend who spent his holidays in Malawi lent me a copy of When The Lion Feeds, must have been about 1966, from then I was hooked.

Nonstop book: In about 1978, in the RAF stationed in Cyprus, went to bed and started reading Eagle in the Sky, continued till the alarm went off to get me up for work, was a wreck that day.

Most Recent: Just finished The Quest, and really enjoyed it after being unsure at the start.

So WS books have been with me for all of my adult life, I was lucky enough to meet him briefly at a signing in my home town of Plymouth, and get my copy of Triumph of the Sun signed, and the local paper printed a photo of the queue that showed me, so that cutting is kept inside the book for posterity. I had just time to thank WS for company in all those hours that would have otherwise been spent alone. I hhave read all 31 at least once, and unfortunately I can read one a good deal quicker that Wilbur can write one!

Look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.

Al
floydian_janner

Postby Monsoon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Welcome aboard Pilgrim! [b4]
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Nefer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Al!

WS has been with me most of my life too :) Only I'm a bit younger :lol: Glad you've found us!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby delby » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 am

hey there

good you got to meet him
im so jealous
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member