Unrelated Topics.

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Unrelated Topics.

Postby chookie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:18 pm

I am rather a anoid at some of the topics that are starting to appear on this forum in diferant parts of it that have nothing to do with being on this site.
Is there something that can be done about it by the moderators or some one else.
This is to good a site/forum for what I call garbage to lower its standard as such.

Regards.
chookie

Currently Reading: In between books.

Re: Unrelated Topics.

Postby Matbow » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Chookie,

They're a nuisance, but unfortunately the internet is full of spammers.

I delete all these posts and ban the users straight away and so does Nefer, the forum moderator. Unfortunately some members do see these posts, but in the most case we get to them before too many people seem them.

When I have some spare time, I will look to update the forum software with an updated registration captcha which should sort the problem out.

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm pretty annoyed at these posts too!!! How on earth do they come up with the text?!

I know Matt & I try our best to delete the posts as soon as we can - kinda hard to do at work, so I only get to the posts at home. I appreciate your concerns though, and your support of the board :]
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby chookie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks Matbow and Nefer I appreciate what you say and understand that these "garbage" posts do tend to be a pain in the back side from both you and me.
I really appreciate ths site and will continue to use it as I am a keen Wilbur Smith fan and have been for a number of years.
Once again thank you and everybody have a nice day.

Regards.
chookie

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 am

Speaking of "pain in the backside" topics, how about one of the recent additions: "Even-handed blameworthy climate ailing ass relatives"

I have to admit that some of these titles do put a smile on my face, though they are of course pimairily very annoying.
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby chookie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Could some moderators be appointed for the purpose of deleting this kind of junk mail.
It would take the burdon of of the present moderator and web master.

Regards.
chookie

Return to General Discussion Forum