Need to Understand the "Quote"Icon

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Need to Understand the "Quote"Icon

Postby johnrogers » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Need to Understand the "Quote"Icon

Postby Matbow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 pm

johnrogers wrote:Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada

If you click the quote button whilst reading a post, a new "post a reply" page will open. In the message area, the users' post you're quoting will appear inside of "quote code". You just need to start writing a line after the last quote code/mark. For example, when I clicked "quote" what I saw was:

['quote="johnrogers"]Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada[/quote]

and I started writing here...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby johnrogers » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:46 am

Matbow wrote:
johnrogers wrote:Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada

If you click the quote button whilst reading a post, a new "post a reply" page will open. In the message area, the users' post you're quoting will appear inside of "quote code". You just need to start writing a line after the last quote code/mark. For example, when I clicked "quote" what I saw was:

['quote="johnrogers"]Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada
Hello Matbow - I am just sending this as a test -So where you begin to wtite is at the very end of the post you are responding to

and I started writing here...[/quote]
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Matbow » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 pm

You almost got it! Start writing after you see the last "[/quote]".
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby johnrogers » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Matbow wrote:You almost got it! Start writing after you see the last "
".[/quote]
Hi Matbow - Have I got right ? -
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:32 pm

test 1
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

johnrogers wrote:

test 1
test 2
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

John Rogers Wrote

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:34 pm

johnrogers wrote:
johnrogers wrote:
test 3
test 1
test 2
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Matbow wrote:

['quote="johnrogers"]Hello forum - Can someone tell me how to use the Quote Icon.I see when I click on it it states post a reply - which takes you to a thread in the forum.So what do I do - just go ahead and type my reply or response to the subject in the thread comment?It seems that I am typeing right over the exsisting message that I am reading.Would like to understand this Quote option - as there are many responses I would like to respond to - John Rogers - Canada

Test 5
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 pm

[quote=test 6"johnrogers"]
Matbow wrote:

Test 5[/quote]
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Matbow wrote:You almost got it! Start writing after you see the last "
".[/quote]
test 10
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to General Discussion Forum