cheltenham

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

cheltenham

Postby aaron » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:07 pm

any of you watching the racing this week. Yesterday was good but today was great from an Irish perspective. Its 7 Irish trained winners from 12 races. The racing has been excellent hopefully it will continue. Has anyone else an interest in National Hunt Racing.

Beef or Salmon for the Gold Cup.
aaron

Postby Matbow » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm

I've never even been to the races, which is quite unbelievable considering where I come from and where I currently live - they both have prestigious race courses. It's not something I would watch on TV...but one of these days I most definately will go to an event.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby giz » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:07 am

I have no interest in watching TV horse racing or gambling but I did go once to Chepstow races for the Welsh Grand National a while back and it was an amazing atmosphere, no comparison to watching it on TV.

To see horses racing close up was majestic and exciting, I've not had the opportunity to go again but I would recommend anyone to experience it if only just once.
giz
Member+
Member+

Science behind it all!

Postby Nefer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:30 am

I don't know much about racing, but I saw this up today, thought it might interest you :D

Averageness' key to great racehorses
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Science behind it all!

Postby giz » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:36 am

Nefer wrote:I don't know much about racing, but I saw this up today, thought it might interest you :D

Averageness' key to great racehorses

thanks, that was interesting

perhaps there's hope for all us average joe's :mrgreen:
giz
Member+
Member+

Return to General Discussion Forum