Converted to E-Book - I Love Reading From My Kindle

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Re: Converted to E-Book - I Love Reading From My Kindle

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:17 am

I haven't had the opportunity to see a Paperwhite in person, but compared to my reference (the iRiver Story HD) it will probably be a leap forwards :).

I really like that it has a bigger screen than my current e-reader. I have a 6" now, and the Aura will have a 6,8" screen. The resolution for books is not really required, but for pdf's it will be very nice. What's also important for be about Kobo is that they have a Dutch store, so I don't have to buy from amazon.com anymore. On average this will be cheaper for me.
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby johnrogers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:27 pm

I have not had the oppurtunity to see the Kindle Paperwhite in action but I would really like to.As I read my Kindle full keyboard edition,I can see perhaps a need for higher resolution and contrast,as I have mentioned I would buy a new ereader but it would be stupid to do so,but I am certain the Paperwhite is an improvement to the older models.
I checked out the Canadian pricing for the new Aura HD model it is available on preorder for $169.00 canadian money and I am not certain if that is the wi fi edition or the 3G edition- I imagine the $169.00 is for the wi fi only not a lot of information on the website in Canada ,but it can be preordered now.Looks pretty damn fine to me,and the resoulution is incredible,I am certain it is a beautiful device to read from.

Just a question are electronic devices way more expensive in your country as compared to Canada and the United States.For the sake of general interest for you, things like electronics are cheaper to buy in the USA as compared to buying the same item in Canada in most cases.We Canadians pay more than are US cousins for some reason or the other,a lot more in some cases.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 am

I believe the 170 USD is indeed the wi-fi version.

Electronic devices are definitely more expensive here. For instance, with most Apple producst it's dollar price = euro price. But also in the UK for instance. If you compare the recommended price for the Aura: 140GBP/170USD. That's a huge difference. If I had to guess I think the Aura will be priced around 170-180 euro here in europe.

I also buy a lot of my tools (power drills, etc) at amazon.co.uk. It's less expensive, but you need a uk-mains to europe adaptor. Which cost very litte :-)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Previous

Return to General Discussion Forum