Madonna

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Madonna

Postby Matbow » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:54 pm

What does everyone think about the new Madonna track (the once with the ABBA sample)?

Personally I like it, but would of been better without the sample.
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:41 pm

Hmm. I think I heard it on the radio the other day, seems popular here. Not sure if I like it yet, I spend too much time listening to rock!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:42 am

I think it would have been better without the ABBA in the background, it always makes me want to go put my mom's ABBA tape on listen to it. But yeah, the song's okay not one of my favorites.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:23 pm

I like it, it's really growing on me. Mind you i think her music is getting better the older she gets.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Yakumo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am

I like the song too even with the Abba sample. It just makes it that bit more special for us older listeners.

Even better is the Video although I am not sure the display of cellulite was appropriate for mainstream tv.

Theres one thing for certain Madge certainly knows how to attract an audience with her antics.
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:28 am

Hi Yakumo!

Welcome to the Board :D

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Members Intro Thread!
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:52 pm

Yakumo's only ever read 1 WS in his life and he can't even remember which one that was!

I don't remember any cellulite in the video...i think she looks damn fine for a forty something year old! And the suitability for younger viewers - it's tame compared to the eric prydz video :D
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Bee » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:16 pm

I thought so too. Just saw the music video and she looks young from far away but any close-ups on her face you can tell she's older. Speaking of the music video what did you think?
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:31 pm

In a word?

Weird.

Dunno what the video has to do with the song, and I very much doubt that ghetto-in-da-hood people types will listen to Madonna, unless of course it's a choice between her and death, lol.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Monsoon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:09 pm

Well we must have been on to something because she has gone straight to numero uno in the uk. :wink:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:20 pm

It's definately a grower, but Im starting to get a little annoyed with it now!

I really can't get the "Tekazm shimekai" Japanese thing out of my head from the motorola advert (which has the madonna song in the background). Annoying!
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby WSI » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:00 am

Pah, Madonna ... It took my almost one month to recognise that this song wass from Madonna. Poor ABBA, abused for this ... whatever.
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:12 pm

i think the reason i dont like her is because i hate her leotards...........put your pants on madonna. i know you look good for a 40 something but it just creeps me out...
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Return to General Discussion Forum