Need A Great Crime Thriller To Read - Any Ideas ?

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Need A Great Crime Thriller To Read - Any Ideas ?

Postby johnrogers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

I am desperate I need a new genre for a while,I have just about overdosed on historical fiction and need to change it up for a while.If you have read something that you really really thought was a darn good read please pass it on to me.Does not even have to be a mystery type anything will do,but if you have something that sticks out in your mind - please pass it on
Last edited by johnrogers on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Can Somebody Recommend A Really Good Crime Thriller to Read

Postby tedd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 am

I lap up Lee Child's books about the adventures of Jack Reacher. He's a white knight-cum-SAS man who rids the USA of all sorts of scumbags and resolves criminal problems without searching for reward. They get quite violent but there is no little or no swearing and no overboard sex.
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:37 am

tedd wrote:I lap up Lee Child's books about the adventures of Jack Reacher. He's a white knight-cum-SAS man who rids the USA of all sorts of scumbags and resolves criminal problems without searching for reward. They get quite violent but there is no little or no swearing and no overboard sex.

Thanks Tedd - if you give Lee Child a thumbs up that is good enough for me,Tedd I take it the Jack Reacher series should be read in proper order I will investigate this on my own on the internet,however can you confirm one way or the other for me as I like to read from the first to the last - merry xmas to the land downunder
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby tedd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Each book is a standalone. There is an occasional reference to something that appeared in a previous book e.g. he sometimes mentions his brother who was killed early in the series, but it does not affect the flow in any way. Good luck - hope you enjoy and are converted!!
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 pm

I went to his website and discovered there are 14 books in the series.He has a great looking and informative website with the proper sequence of his books.So here is what I am going to do Tedd I will start reading his first book in a day or two.I am looking forward to like I say I have overdosed myself with historical fiction and have hit the wall.Thanks again Tedd take care
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: Need A Great Crime Thriller To Read - Any Ideas ?

Postby johnrogers » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 pm

So Tedd I have started the first novel written by Lee Child in the Jack Reacher series.Lee Child has a great website one of the best I have ever seen :D
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby annagram » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Nelson de Mille has written some good crime novels. I also like David Baldacci, Dan Brown and Vince Flynn. My husband enjoys Clive Cussler. Also some of Stuart Woods earlier books like "Chiefs" and "palindrome" are good. His later books are good but I think the earlier ones were better.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby johnrogers » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:48 pm

annagram wrote:Nelson de Mille has written some good crime novels. I also like David Baldacci, Dan Brown and Vince Flynn. My husband enjoys Clive Cussler. Also some of Stuart Woods earlier books like "Chiefs" and "palindrome" are good. His later books are good but I think the earlier ones were better.

:lol: Thanks for the good read tips - I am going to look in to what you have suggested - I am a big Dan Brown fan - Thanks again :lol:
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to General Discussion Forum