WikiLeaks & Julian Assange - Anybody Got an Opinion ?

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

WikiLeaks & Julian Assange - Anybody Got an Opinion ?

Postby johnrogers » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:05 pm

I do not support one or the other WikiLeaks or Julian Assange in any way at all.As far as WikiLeaks publicaton of classified documents I find it offending to publish and dangerous for the sake of world peace.I find the documents obtained by WikiLeaks were in fact stolen documents.I find the publication of these items are a form of terrorism thru the media.Journalists will not agree with this I am sure and hold there position of support for WikiLeaks under there guild of freedom of speech.I do not agree when something of this nature exsists that has potential to cause great harm in a world that is tottering on the edge of war.I find the publication of classifed stolen documents cheap underhanded cowardly and destructive for no purpose. :(

Julian Assange whom is a separate enity of WikiLeaks.I am not judgeing him due to his legal rape problems,but I do believe that he is somewhat deviant in his character mentally and sexually.I do believe that he is pandering for attention only,he is an egotistical idiot and what he does is for his own self centered benefit.I do not like him and I do not trust him in any way.His contributions to the world are only creating unneeded havoc with no purpose.Only for his own personal gain and claim to fame

I would not want to be Julian Assange - the governments of the world will be watching him till the day he dies :( :shock:
Last edited by johnrogers on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: WikiLeaks & Julian Assange - Do You Support or Not

Postby Nefer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am

I really don't know where I stand.

It goes to show how passionate the wiki-leakers are though, it can't have been easy hacking into those computers to get all this confidential information. That is what they should be focusing on, rather than this witch hunt of Assange.

I think intelligent citizens of a democracy should look at the leaked information and see what bureaucrats and elected officials really do for the masses. If you're happy with what you see, great; if not, then vote! It's really opened my eyes to how our world is run. Can't hate on them for doing it - the leaks have already happened. What people should do is look to the future.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby tedd » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 am

Yeah I agree - what's done is done!! It can never be reversed. what I do find upsetting is that he is focusing on denigrating the democracies - his leakages are only giving great joy to the countries (China, Indonesia, Iran, North Korea, Russia and many others) that treat their own citizens far more inhumanely and cruelly with torture, starvation, restrictions etc without any comment from people like Assange and his ilk. If he started publishing leaks from China or Russia for instance I wonder how long he would live!!
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 am

tedd wrote:Yeah I agree - what's done is done!! It can never be reversed. what I do find upsetting is that he is focusing on denigrating the democracies - his leakages are only giving great joy to the countries (China, Indonesia, Iran, North Korea, Russia and many others) that treat their own citizens far more inhumanely and cruelly with torture, starvation, restrictions etc without any comment from people like Assange and his ilk. If he started publishing leaks from China or Russia for instance I wonder how long he would live!!

Good statement Tedd I can not imagine if WikiLeaks plundered classified documents out of China or Iran.The other thing is every university student in the democratic society will support Assange as a modern day folk hero and legend.Keep your eye on the bouncing ball there is a lot more that will come out of this.Freedom of speech is one thing but espionoge and treason is another.Look for the hollywood movie and books that will be written about this event.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 pm

The other thing that makes so anti WikiLeaks and Julian Assange is that the expose of the documents was directed towards the USA not the countries that really deserve to be in the spotlight such as Iran China North Korea Russia parts of Africa and Pakistan India ete etc.They are the ones whom need to be exposed to the world .Can you imagine the data that they possess.By putting the finger on the US and Britain that only gives the anti freedom governments propoganda to use against freedom and democrocy.Thats the problem I have with this WikiLeaks has spit in the face of freedom and has made the USA out as the bad guy.All countries have dossiers on each other - how would you like to read what China has in there portfolio.Damn you WikiLeaks/Julian Assange how could you do this to the free world whom has fought and died to give you the freedom you have.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to General Discussion Forum