how fast do you read?

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

how fast do you read?

Postby annagram » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to put this topic or if it is already on here somewhere else but I thought it was interesting. You can take this test to see how fast you read.

http://www.readingsoft.com/
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Re: how fast do you read?

Postby johnrogers » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:54 pm

I did the test and clocked in at 199. - Now something I do when I read sometimes is read slowly so I can absorb all the characters and don't get them mixed up and get myself confused during the book.Sometimes I will even re read a page just to lock down the plot and make sure I don't get lost. :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Matbow » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 pm

annagram wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to put this topic or if it is already on here somewhere else but I thought it was interesting. You can take this test to see how fast you read.

http://www.readingsoft.com/

409 wpm. I'm a quick reader when I get into the flow; on my Kindle I recently read a Lee Child book in about 4 or 5 hours.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 am

My test came back with 256 wpm. I agree with John. Sometimes with a new book I read it way too fast (this happened with the last three harry potter books, for instance). Then when I read the book again I notice a lot of new things. Sometimes I have to tell myself to slow down and enjoy the book :-). 409 is pretty fast by the way :-). The downside is that your books don't last as long :wink:
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Return to General Discussion Forum