Anyone Reading A Really Great Book At The Moment

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Anyone Reading A Really Great Book At The Moment

Postby johnrogers » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi forum friends - I am just wondering if anyone is reading a really really good book right now that you might recommend to me.I am always looking for that one book in a 100 you know what I mean the one that you compare all others to. :-s
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Anyone Reading A Really Great Book At The Moment

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 am

You are insatiable! :D I recently bought Quicksilver, Confusion and System World by Neal Stephenson. They were recommended to me by someone when I mentioned I liked historical fiction. I haven't read them yet, but they look promising. Bloody thick too, so you'll have something to do if you decide to get these :wink:
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby johnrogers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Thank you Ehoog for the suggestion the Baroque Cycle have done a little research and I agree with you looks very interesting and very big read the first novel is 900 pages long.There is something about the era of the 1700 looks right up my alley and I am ready for some historical fiction.I have a copy of Quicksilver that I will start up in a few days.Thanks again Ehoog I agree looks promising would never have known these offerings exsisted without your reply

[b7] by the way I read your conversation with author jeffw on website and did not realize you are a writer as well i did see your own website and would love to read your book but i understand it is not avail in english - good luck to you
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby E-Hoog » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:37 am

I hope you enjoy them, and let me know what you think of them when you've finished. Knowing you, this will be in about two days, right? :wink:

My fist book is indeed not available in English. My second book will be, but that will still take some time...
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Return to General Discussion Forum