Who Will Win The Stanley Cup ?

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Re: Who Will Win The Stanley Cup ?

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 am

That was a shameful experience after the Boston Bruins won when the downtown core in Vancouver went in to riot mode.I am embarrased and ashamed.After we watched the game at my house and saw the outcome we stayed tuned to the tv station and watched the destruction of downtown Vancouver.The final nail in the coffin for The Vancouver Canucks - a display of poor sportsmanship like no other.I could not believe my eyes the news had some video of Vancouver Canuck fans fist fighting with Boston Bruin fans - I felt like crawling in to a corner,

Congrats to the Boston Bruins for winning a deserving the "holy grail" - The Stanley Cup - and to Tim Thomas the goalie for The Boston Bruins - what a go Tim you are the #1 goalie in the world

johnrogers - apologizing to the rest of the world for the unruly hockey fans in downtown Vancouver last night
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby bayside » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 pm

John Rogers,

I followed your enthusiasm for the Canucks with interest. Not being a "Fan" of any particular sport myself, I've often wondered how anyone could become so rabid they would riot, burn, even kill, when their team lost. It's sad to see Canada also has spoiled, undisciplined young people like we have here in the States. Also sad to hear from Tedd the same sort roam around down there. I liked his idea about the caning. Do they still do that in Australia? Just imagine one of those young men they showed in the Vancouver riot with his britches down in the middle of the street and a policeman giving him twelve lashes. Here in the States there would be liberal outcries to punish the policeman, and Congressional investigations into police brutality.
bayside

Currently Reading: Selects works of Graham Greene

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 am

Hi Bayside

You know what Bayside that was a black eye for Canada if there ever was one.I felt personal shame and embarasment for the incident in downtown Vancouver after the game - I can,t imagine how Boston fans felt towards Canadians after there well deserved win.Maybe Tedd from "down under" has got something to say about how to deal with people who get involved and behave that way.I assure you most of what happened during the riot was caught on film and the Vancouver police are seeking out and will find many of the people involved and they will be prosecuted for there crimes.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Nefer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:13 pm

The true spirit of the city came out the day after the riot - people showed up in the downtown core with their own brooms are bins to help with the clean up. There were thousands of people out, volunteering their time to show that Vancouverites are not a bunch of rioting shits... I really wanted to join in as well, but had to work.

Many of the young men have been outed by the media - they cleverly used facebook etc; and got the names of the rioters and interviewed them! One of the young men lost his job as his employers received angry phone calls and emails. Haha! Karma is catching up to these people.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Previous

Return to General Discussion Forum