Looking For Egyptian Themed Novel

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Looking For Egyptian Themed Novel

Postby johnrogers » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:19 pm

I have a yen to read something similar to Wilburs Egyptian series,similar to the first four books Wilbur has published,The River God,The Seventh Scroll,Warlock and the Quest.Can anyone in the forum help me out and suggest something similar that I could read.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Looking For Egyptian Themed Novel

Postby Nefer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Pauline Gedge is a Canadian writer, her books are really well written. No-one can compare to Wilbur's talent, but she comes really close!

Margaret George has a book on Cleopatra which is brilliant, IMO.

Here is a thread where we discussed this very topic!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Nefer

Nefer can you straighten me out a little more about Pauline Gedge and her egyptian novels.It is a series and is there a proper order that I should them - her website lists her books but there a two series and I am not sure which to sink myself in to - I do like to read in proper order specially a series
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am

The books I've read are from this trilogy:

Lords of the Two Lands trilogy
The Hippopotamus Marsh
The Oasis
The Horus Road

Her website seems to reverse the reading order - I've got them in the correct order for you :) I bought the first book when I was a first year at college - I don't remember reading the 3rd novel in the series at all! I haven't read her other series; something for me to get onto!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok Nefer thank you for the help,I have been waiting to hear from you and I appreciate it.The website confused me was not sure where to start - she has written a lot of books.I am going to download - The Hippopotamus Marsh right now - I am very glad you got back to me - as I say I went to her website first - so hence I begin Lords Of The Two Lands triology.

Thanks Again Nefer

Do not forget the Gary Jennings series Aztec :lol:

5 minutes after my post

Nefer guess what Pauline Gedge is not available as an ebook on amazon.com - will place an order for novels at Chapters Indigo on line and wait for the delivery - will read the life of Cleopatra in the interm as you suggested - damn what a disappointment

I placed my order at chapters today - ordered the complete triology - cost me $40.82 delivered to my front door
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:48 am

Oh damn, that sucks! I haven't been able to find Gary Jennings on kobo either, I think I'll have to get it from chapters too. (Not that I'm complaining I love getting stuff from Chapters!)
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to General Discussion Forum