Something Interesting For Reading Addicts

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Something Interesting For Reading Addicts

Postby johnrogers » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I just read this on amazon.com - they have a section in kindle books that lets you look under the title new releases.Now I am not sure if there statistical data means magazines and newspapers - however just for the sake of interest here is what amazon says - does not seem believeable but look at it anyway

New Releases

Last 30 days ( 34,593 )

Last 90 days ( 111,203 )

Coming Soon ( 4,148 )
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Something Interesting For Reading Addicts

Postby mahound » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:14 am

Been thinking of buying a Kindle. Does anyone knows if you can load PDF files?
mahound

Postby jeffw » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks John - will check that out - useful information.
jeffw

Postby johnrogers » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Jeff

Honestly I have been thinking about like a banshee getting a weekend pass out of jail.Primaraly how is it going with your new book Sons of Africa.I am wondering how the amazon.com/kindle crowd becomes aware of your book - I never realized how many books are in production and being published on a daily basis - In other words how to you get customer awareness and direct them to Sons Of Africa - I sincerely pray for your absolute success Jeff and I so look forward to your follow up - I just want the rest of the world to discover you as I have - You really gave me a ton of pleasure and delight reading Sons Of Africa.

Go Jeff Go

#1 fan - johnrogers
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Nefer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:48 pm

mahound wrote:Been thinking of buying a Kindle. Does anyone knows if you can load PDF files?

I think it can ... here's a thread where we talked about our e-readers :)

And this is a great comparison of the different e-readers out there. It compares the kobo, sony, nook & kindle devices.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby jeffw » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 am

johnrogers wrote:Hi Jeff

Honestly I have been thinking about like a banshee getting a weekend pass out of jail.Primaraly how is it going with your new book Sons of Africa.I am wondering how the amazon.com/kindle crowd becomes aware of your book - I never realized how many books are in production and being published on a daily basis - In other words how to you get customer awareness and direct them to Sons Of Africa - I sincerely pray for your absolute success Jeff and I so look forward to your follow up - I just want the rest of the world to discover you as I have - You really gave me a ton of pleasure and delight reading Sons Of Africa.

Go Jeff Go

#1 fan - johnrogers

Hi John - Your enthusiasm overwhelms me! And yes you are quite right, generating reader awareness is difficult. Your comment on Con Iggulden's forum, I know for a fact, generated great interest and a sale to one of his fans. Sales all round are steady and encouraging; word of mouth is definitely the best reader awakener, but this takes time. E-books are slow to mature for the new writer. However, all my feed back has been positive and I remain optimistic. Will be bringing out hard copies in the near future to promote locally via radio stations and independent book shops. 'Tis a hard road John, a thousand more like you and a writer's life would be less stressful! Bless you for you efforts and your belief in Sons of Africa. bashing along with the sequel; most important to keep on writing.
jeffw

Postby mahound » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Nefer wrote:
mahound wrote:Been thinking of buying a Kindle. Does anyone knows if you can load PDF files?

I think it can ... here's a thread where we talked about our e-readers :)

And this is a great comparison of the different e-readers out there. It compares the kobo, sony, nook & kindle devices.

Thank you, appreciate this
mahound

Return to General Discussion Forum