Nostalgy

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Nostalgy

Postby rokito » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm Italian so don't get angry if I don't write well :D

I write this topic to talk with you about what you feel when you read books where the protagonists of the firsts books are deads: for example I have read "When the Lion feeds" and the others, but when I read the next books I feel so nostalgic (I don't know if it's ok say that term) because now there isn't Sean, but his grandsons! And I miss those times when the South Africa was unexplored, etc. Doesn't you?

Thanks for the errors.... :)
rokito

Currently Reading: The sound of Thunder

Re: Nostalgy

Postby SOELEY » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 am

I understand what you are saying, I prefer the stories of the treks accross the unexplored wilderness, with the huge heards of buffalo and wild game.

Having said that I am also enjoying the later novels as well :)
SOELEY

Currently Reading: Shock Wave - Clive Cussler

Re: Nostalgy

Postby annagram » Mon May 07, 2012 8:30 am

You do very well and welcome to the forum. I joined it much later than most and it doesn't seem to be used a lot lately but I enjoyed reading the previous posts.

Wish I could speak Italian or any other language!!! Nostalgia I think is the word you are looking for in your subject line. The use of nostalgic is correct.

I think the books with the original Sean Courtney were the best but I have enjoyed all of them and you can always go back and read them again. After I read the later books I would wonder about something in a previous book and read them again to refresh my memory.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Return to General Discussion Forum