What is attractive (in the opposite sex)?!

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Postby Monsoon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:17 am

Bee wrote:I liked how mentioned "spark" Nefer. What exactly is the "spark"? Any definitions, experiences?

All you ever hear is butterflies and so forth... but I don't think I quite believe in those butterflies... anyone had them?

Ah now we are really getting down to what it is all about..chemistry.
Body language, smell and sixth sense. Which of course is all geared toward the reproduction of the species. And i do believe the scientific view here is that we all have 50% of the common immunities within our bodies(which we pass on to our offspring) yet lack the other half, and of course when we meet someone of the opposite sex and they have most or all of the ones we lack, well that is when the sparks begin to fly!
Dont quote me on this because it may not be completely right but it is in general terms.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby John R » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm

That sounds interesting, never looked into it like that before.

And yes, i've had those "butterflies" before, when i seen the most beautiful girl ever for the 1st time! and a few more times after that. We just friends at the moment, i'm hope for more though
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:05 am

aww that's so sweet, this is a good thread btw because it gives people an insight into the minds of the opposite sex
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Bee » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:12 pm

Thanks for your view, Monsoon!

And you too John R... hopefully everything works out for you.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby John R » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:06 am

Thanking you! :)

Don't let this be the end of the discussion though, anyone else got some views??

:wink:
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:00 pm

Good luck with your lady John :)

And as for the spark - I have no idea! I've never been in love with a dude before, so I can't speak on romantic love, etc.

However, I think being in love in general is common across loving your parents, sibs, friends, lover, etc. And it's that feeling of content you get when you see them, that smile when you see something that reminds of them, and the way just saying 'hello' on the fellytone can make a bad day better.

Sappy, I know... but then again...
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Nichiren » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:05 pm

for me, because i am young foolish and impresisonable... i get this mad heart race around a certain diva who is way out of my league... and its like something is pressing against my chest with great pressure.. and it feels so good. i dont know if its love but i just thought id flcik it past you all..
Nichiren

Postby John R » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Hard to say if its love or not m8, I think i know how you feel though! Best of luck
John R
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:32 pm

Nefer wrote:However, I think being in love in general is common across loving your parents, sibs, friends, lover, etc.

No way! Romantic love/lust (IMHO) is so different to family/friend love! It's hard to explain the exact feelings, but for me falling for someone is characterised by quite a few things:

Loss of appetite
A little bit of nervousness/fear
Stomach doing a little flip when I see them
Adrenalin rushes
Smiling for no reason

When the relationship progresses, a lot of these lust feelings do dissapear, and I get a more contented feelings. In fact, it's all to do with chemicals:

Infatuation

When two people are attracted to each other, a virtual explosion of adrenaline-like nuerochemicals gush forth. Fireworks explode and we see stars. PEA or phenylethylamine is a chemical that speeds up the flow of information between nerve cells.

Also, involved in chemistry are dopamine and norepinephrine, chemical cousins of amphetamines. Dopamine makes us feel good and norepinephrine stimulates the production of adrenaline. It makes our heart race!

These three chemicals combine to give us infatuation or "chemistry." It is why new lovers feel euphoric and energized, and float on air. It is also why new lovers can make love for hours and talk all night for weeks on end.

Attachment

When infatuation subsides, a new group of chemicals takes over. This new type of chemical reward is created by endorphins.

These morphine-like opiates calm and reassure with intimacy, dependability, warmth, and shared experiences. Not as exciting or as stressful as PEA, but steadier and more addictive.

The longer two people have been married, the more likely it is that they'll stay married. In part, they become addicted to the endorphins and marital serenity. It is the absence of endorphins that make long-time partners yearn for each other when apart. Absent endorphins also play a part in grief from the death of a spouse.

I'm not sure if I find it worrying or pleasing that I just found scientific proof why I feel the way I do!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:19 pm

I need to look this up, lol!

I had a paper forwarded to me by a prof that investigates pheremones and such in humans. Will have to look for it and remind myself of what it says :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:11 am

Matbow wrote:No way! Romantic love/lust (IMHO) is so different to family/friend love! It's hard to explain the exact feelings, but for me falling for someone is characterised by quite a few things:

Loss of appetite
Adrenalin rushes
Smiling for no reason

When the relationship progresses, a lot of these lust feelings do dissapear, and I get a more contented feelings. In fact, it's all to do with chemicals:

Great post mat, i can certainly relate to all of those bullet points!
John R
Founder Member

Postby Monsoon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:10 pm

Loss of appetite
Adrenalin rushes
Smiling for no reason

And the weakening of the legs! :D

Now who is going to be the one to tell Nefer about the Rollercoaster ride!! :cry:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Nefer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:07 am

Sounds like being in love is lotsa fun!!!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:27 pm

More like an insane kind of fun. I find it's amazing how blind a person can be when they're in love and how much they will go through to not lose it.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby audacter » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:31 am

I find Bee's avatar attractive, is that wrong? :twisted:
audacter

Postby Bee » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 pm

audacter wrote:I find Bee's avatar attractive, is that wrong? :twisted:

Why thank you... I think??? :) :?
Bee
Founder Member

Postby John R » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:56 pm

think it's wrong! :shock: :wink:
John R
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:14 am

I dunno, it's kinda appealing!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:26 am

:lol:
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:55 pm

each to his own lol
John R
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Forum