Thanksgiving 2012

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Thanksgiving 2012

Postby E-Hoog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,

I remember that last year we talked about thanksgiving and it was mentioned that people actually deep fry their turkey. About that: how do you do that? :). I want to try that this year.
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Re: Thanksgiving 2012

Postby johnrogers » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi E-Hoog and Happy Thanksgiving as well.I remember the conversation last year regarding deep frying a turkey.I don't know that much about it but have heard a lot about it.It is a big deal in the USA and people swear that it the way to go.However I do belive you need a separate piece of i am a spammer hardware to deep fry a turkey in,I believe you have to buy a special deep fryer to cook in,guessing that your i am a spammer size deep fryer woud be to small to accomodate a turkey,so that a turkey deep fryer would be somewhat larger than you have.People who deep fry swear by it,but I have also heard thet there is some danger deep frying the bird.Should be easy to sort out via the information highway on the internet.I also remember you saying that turkeys were quite small in your country.Out of interest I looked at the turkey that we have in the fridge that goes in the oven at 9:oo am tomorrow.It weighs 10.57 kilograms and the cost of the bird was $59.00 canadian dollars.We will be having a large family dinner at my house tomorrow.

Don't Eat to much and be careful not to blow up your bird in the deep fryer :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:33 am

10.57 kilo... gods :). Have a nice day!

I will check the internet for tips on how to deep fry a turkey. If I have to get too much extra stuff to do it, I probably won't, but it's worth checking out. By the way, we'll have our Thanksgiving dinner in one month, so I can still prepare :)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby annagram » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 am

Get a deep fryer and follow the directions. They are delicious. Also I make some of my dressing into balls and my son in law deep fries them after the turkey is done. They are delicious too.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby johnrogers » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey E-Hoog,final comment on my canadian thankgiving event,how labour intensive it really is.Food prep took about two days,I really wish I could send you a pic of the final result sitting on my i am a spammer table,it was really something to behold,there are a lot of good cooks in my family.We ended up with 10 for dinner,all family,one boyfriend and two dogs.The other thing that goes with thanksgiving is doing the dishes and the i am a spammer cleanup,that in itself is a two day event.Point to be made is Thanksgiving is a whole lot of work and thats for sure
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to General Discussion Forum