Veterans Day in the USA

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Veterans Day in the USA

Postby annagram » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

We are celebrating Veterans Day here in the US. I hope all Americans (and anyone else who wants to) thanks a Vet for their service to their country and to the world!
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Re: Veterans Day in the USA

Postby Nefer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 pm

We have Remembrance Day here, and there's always a school wide assembly to honor vets who live in the community. This year it was all student run and they did a fab job, I was just in tears. Can't say enough about anyone who spends their life in service to their country.

Also caught Band of Brothers on HBO over the long weekend, it does such a great job of telling the soldier's stories; and their views of the war. It really helped me understand what soldiers do; and gives me so much respect for them.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Veterans Day in the USA

Postby annagram » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:02 am

My uncle fought in WWII - he was at D Day Plus 2 and the Battle of the Bulge among other places. When he was alive I used to always make sure I called him on Veteran's Day to thank him.
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Return to General Discussion Forum