Secret Santa Ideas!

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Secret Santa Ideas!

Postby Matbow » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:36 pm

Seeing as though you guys came up trumps with the whole team building help I thought I'd pick your brains again!

I've drawn the office loud mouth for our secret Santa thingy. He's the type of guy that tells the worst jokes, takes the p*ss out of everyone and farts/burps through-out the day without caring (Can ya guess who it is yet Yakumo!?). The perfect person to have to buy for!

So any ideas?! I'm wanting to go down the comedy route btw...

I've got one idea so far, and it's great but VERY risque and I'm not sure if I actually want to go into a shop that sells that sort of thing...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Share your idea 1st!!!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:50 am

Yeah, I'm sure we're mature enough to handle it ;) It'll also give us an idea of what gifts are his type of thing, as I wasn't able to think of one for the decription you gave of him (I don't know anyone like that).
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby John R » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:24 pm

This may sound odd (especially to those outside of the UK) but i was in River Island yesterday doing some shopping and on the counter there was this mouth spray. Loads of different types, you got a spray that gives you a Scouse accent (which is the one i bought, and it works. Makes me sound like a real scoucer! There was also Geordie, Brum and Cockney i think. You could buy him one of those if he's into jokes and stuff, and if you can find it!
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Rivaan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Huh!? Are you serious? Something you spray in your mouth to be able to speak in different accents!? I am SO getting that!! For myself, that is. I want to try out the Geordie accent :)
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Matbow » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:23 pm

John- You're taking the p*ss right?!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Yakumo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:11 pm

You lucky lad Matbow

I got my person a floating table football game. The football floats on air and you finger it towards a plastic goal.

Cost gbp 5 from Sainsburys.

they had lots of other similar junky items at the same sort of price!

How about a chocolate cat from Ann Summers!
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 pm

I have no idea what a chocolate cat it, but what I'm thinking of getting does come from Ann Summers...

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:00 pm

Good gosh, I just googled that :oops:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby John R » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:46 am

No straight up mat. I got it in my house, "instant scouse accent". Does anyone else have the cloth shop 'River Island' where they live? They sell it on the check-out. It's nuts!
John R
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 am

Nefer wrote:Good gosh, I just googled that :oops:

What? Ann Summers?

John - yeah, we have River Island, I may just pop in, altho I still won't believe it until I try it!

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Rivaan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:05 am

I'm gonna go into my local River Island and check it out :D

Edit: Just rang them first. They only have the Scouse and Irish one left, at the moment. I was hoping for Geordie :( Ah well, I can at least check one of these out to see if they really work! Which one should I get, Irish or Scouse?
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby John R » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:10 pm

^
I
I
I
See, proves i'm not lying lol

Scouse it good, the store i went to didn't have Irish but that would be funny i imagine!
John R
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 pm

Yep, I googled Ann Summers, lol
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:19 pm

What's the amount you're planning on spending? Go for a gift certificate if you're stuck...
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Rivaan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 am

I just tried the Geordie accent, one. I bought it but it didn't work :? That's quite a bit of a let-down, as it says in small writing that it's just a novelty item. I thought it was too good to be true :razz:

The good news, though, is that I bought a new hat while I was there. And I like it a lot.. AND although it said it was £10, I was only charged 5! :D

- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby Yakumo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Matbow wrote:I have no idea what a chocolate cat it, but what I'm thinking of getting does come from Ann Summers...

lets think of names for cats. Kitty, moggy, furball, bottom licker, flea bag, whiskas, felix, Le Chat, feline and last but not least Pussy! :oops: :shock: :D :lol:
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:56 am

Nice hat :) and Nefer's googling made me google...
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Return to General Discussion Forum