26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

Postby johnrogers » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Of which 20 were elementary school aged children.Sorry to use the forum as a sounding board on occasion but I am sick to my stomach thinking of the anguish of the parents and families.Honest forum I am doubting my Catholic faith at this moment,why this has to happen I can not understand.Every time I turn on the television it is another mass killing in the USA,the debate of the right to bear arms in the US constitution ends here,no way there are two many unstable people out there and that is why strict gun control laws should be put in place.My heart goes out to the families involved,remember it could be your child or grandchild who was killed by some coward in that school.My prayers are devoted to those whom lives have been changed forever today.Oh my god what more can I say.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

Postby Nefer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

I know everyone is devastated about it; as a teacher I look at my 'kids' and shudder to think of what the teachers and students in that school went through.

All I can say is thank goodness we live in Canada, and I hope that our friends to the south take this opportunity to embrace health care & introduce stricter gun control regulations. I thought Columbine would have been one too many times. :(

And John - stay away from the news. The more you watch the more you'll be sucked in. Take the time to enjoy the season with your grankids, and remember to smile. That's all we can have to help us through this.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

Postby johnrogers » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Nefer wrote:I know everyone is devastated about it; as a teacher I look at my 'kids' and shudder to think of what the teachers and students in that school went through.

All I can say is thank goodness we live in Canada, and I hope that our friends to the south take this opportunity to embrace health care & introduce stricter gun control regulations. I thought Columbine would have been one too many times. :(

And John - stay away from the news. The more you watch the more you'll be sucked in. Take the time to enjoy the season with your grankids, and remember to smile. That's all we can have to help us through this.

Nefer - I mirror every word you just spoke and agree with you, thats all I can say.I will come clean with you on this incident Nefer,I have actually been sobbing for the last two days over this tradgedy,it really hit me hard.I think my New Years resolution is to toss the remote and turn off CNN for 2013.I will take your advice and enjoy Christmas with my family and friends.All my best to you Nefer,Merry Christmas my friend.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to General Discussion Forum