Spam

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Spam

Postby E-Hoog » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:24 am

I never knew there was such a great demand for i am a spammer in the UK ;)

Also, I probably need to buy a new i am a spammer in the next couple of months, but it would never occur to me to check the WS forum for my i am a spammer ideas... Seriously, what are these people thinking?
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Re: Spam

Postby jeffw » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:32 am

High E - all this spam is getting up my nose. Come on moderators, sort it out. :shock:
jeffw

Postby tedd » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Maybe WS's books are doing so badly he's getting into the i am a spammer renovation business
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby jeffw » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:02 am

That was really evil, Tedd!!! I love it! :D
jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Tedd - me again. You live in Perth? How do you fancy connecting with some really nice friends of mine? ex Rhodies; really good folk. No worries if you're not interested, but if you are will give you their number. I'm sure they would make you most welcome.
Jeff :D
jeffw

Postby Matbow » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:07 pm

jeffw wrote:High E - all this spam is getting up my nose. Come on moderators, sort it out. :shock:

Both myself and Nefer are North America based so we can't get to every post before you guys see it. We're doing our best, but we both have real jobs as well! If anyone would like to volunteer to help moderate then let me know.

I changed the security question (that is required for new people to register) yesterday and it seems to have done the trick - fingers crossed!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 am

Hi Matt,

I'm not here on the forum every day, but I can help with cleaning up the spam if you want. So sign me up as a volunteer!

Btw, my post was in no way intended as an incentive for you and Nefer to be more active, or to blame you in any way. I think you are doing a great job. I was just seriously wondering why the forum is targeted by people who want to sell i am a spammer...
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby jeffw » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 am

Matbow wrote:
jeffw wrote:High E - all this spam is getting up my nose. Come on moderators, sort it out. :shock:

Both myself and Nefer are North America based so we can't get to every post before you guys see it. We're doing our best, but we both have real jobs as well! If anyone would like to volunteer to help moderate then let me know.

I changed the security question (that is required for new people to register) yesterday and it seems to have done the trick - fingers crossed!

Hi Mat - Won't be easy, once these butt-heads get a foot in the door they're hard to shake. Wrote an email to one of the spammers, but my wife made me delete it; guess I can't say things the way I used to anymore. Oh Well, must be more PC, I guess, but the memories of what I might have said are all mine !!! 8)
jeffw

Postby tedd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:29 pm

jeffw wrote:Hi Tedd - me again. You live in Perth? How do you fancy connecting with some really nice friends of mine? ex Rhodies; really good folk. No worries if you're not interested, but if you are will give you their number. I'm sure they would make you most welcome.
Jeff :D

Yes Jeff - I'm happy to connect with your friends - better use this site's private email channel to let me have the details - all the best tedd
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby jeffw » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 am

Will sort it. Give me a couple of days.
jeffw

Postby Nefer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah sorry guys, I'm really swamped at work and don't always have time to check the board. Thanks for your patience :)

And honestly I'm just grateful it's not pron like the last time!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to General Discussion Forum