Netflix vs Cable Television

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Netflix vs Cable Television

Postby johnrogers » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Not many things have brought me as much satisisfaction as watching television via Netflix,Hulu,and video streaming.What a major difference it has been to be able to watch a television series from the first episode in the first season and hence watch the entire series in proper episode sequence complete the entire season and then move on to the next season right away,and the cherry on the sundae is to watch it commercial free.The content available is endless,we are all picky about what we like to watch but whatever your genre of choice may be it is there.You are in total control of when you want to or can watch,you can instantly re watch an episode in case you fell asleep on the couch when you were watching it,or rewind it to catch a twist in the plot you may have missed.The content at your fingertips gives you access to TV broadcasting from all over the world,Europe the incredible BBC the best crime dramas produced in the world,Australian television watched a series from Australia called Underbelly,it was as good as Sons of Anarchy on US television,etc,etc,etc.
Cable television has had a monopoly on the consumer for many years,with that in mind they have taken advantage of the consumer in a big way,high in fact, expensive monthly subscription rates,tiers of content packages for purchase.I have access to a least 100 stations on mycable but in fact might watch 5 or 6 of them .The worst thing about cable is the amount of commercials in a tv show.Lets say Law and Order SVU - a great show I love it,the program runs an hour but in fact is only 40 minutes,the other 20 minutes of the show you are watching television commercials they run about 10 quick commercials about three or four times during the show.Are you kidding me folks we have been abused without knowing better.

God bless Netflix
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Netflix vs Cable Television

Postby Nefer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Right but Netflix doesn't have everything. No Veronica Mars :(
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Nefer wrote:Right but Netflix doesn't have everything. No Veronica Mars :(

Can't even begin to tell you how much I love Netflix - the holy grail for me.
Hey Nefer bet you a quarter your watching Outlander the new series on television.You know what it's pretty damn good - tv series is very true to the book and the actress who plays Claire is perfect
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Nefer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:28 pm

You're right, I am! The show is so good, I only have a few minor quibbles with it. It's really done a fab job of translating book to tv :D
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Return to General Discussion Forum