Smokin' Pencils

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Smokin' Pencils

Postby jeffw » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 am

So, which way next! Hector Cross or more Nile-side nutless romps with Taita??? Can almost catch the smell of smoking pencils! The ghost writers must be flat out; a book every six months - whew! This guy's good. :)
jeffw

Re: Smokin' Pencils

Postby johnrogers » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 am

jeffw wrote:So, which way next! Hector Cross or more Nile-side nutless romps with Taita??? Can almost catch the smell of smoking pencils! The ghost writers must be flat out; a book every six months - whew! This guy's good. :)

Wilbur has gone the way of many writers,he made a savvy business decision and agreed to sign the contract.In all fairness I would have signed on the dotted line with the millions of dollars or pounds at stake.Most of us realize not to expect what we read in the past those days are gone.The good thing is at least we know what to expect coming off the pipeline from the Wilbur camp in the future.There is so much to read out there that is of incredible quality by other writers who cares if Wilbur has decided to let quality control sink to the bottom.What is amazing is his following is stronger than ever,his ghost team offerings sell in the millions and hover for periods of time in the number one spot.

Jeff special note

Read - Pillars of the Earth and then the second book in the series World Without End by ken follett
Please - read these and you will have forgotten Wilbur Smith

Wilbur Smith
Gone Fishing
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby jeffw » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:25 am

High John. Will do old buddy; You're far more forgiving, if only he would admit to using ghosties and stop pretending , I would be content, though no longer enamoured. Time to move on so will definitely give your Follet man a reading. You take care.
Jeff :)
jeffw

Postby tedd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:43 am

I've just been trying to think why you would have put these views under the heading "General Discussion Forum" - maybe they should be included under "Other Authors" i.e. unnamed ghosts
Hi gang - good to hear from you - I'm saving my comments for April 1st!!
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm

tedd wrote:I've just been trying to think why you would have put these views under the heading "General Discussion Forum" - maybe they should be included under "Other Authors" i.e. unnamed ghosts

:lol:
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 am

I like that Tedd!!! Very clever! You back from hibernation??? :D
jeffw

Postby tedd » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:16 am

It doesn't get cold enough to hibernate in Oz, but autumn is slowing me down - I can't think of all those witty things I was going to say on April 1st.
Am doing plenty of reading and have had a run on Patricia Cornwell's novels - enjoyed them very much. Also managed to find a Jack Reacher I hadn't picked up on earlier - another good one (The Affair).

Have a great Easter everybody - anybody still got snow lying around? It's camping time here just now, the last for the season in southern Australia. All the best tedd
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to General Discussion Forum