Question about Russia Ukraine Putin - help

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Question about Russia Ukraine Putin - help

Postby johnrogers » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Don't quite get it.What is Russia really up to with there extreme aggression on the world stage.Beyond the real issue which is the Ukraine they continue to taunt NATO and countries borders and other countries navy vessels in disputed areas with there Air Force jets flying close in fact just heard about a Russian jet that buzzed another jet and came within 10 feet of the vessel.
They pretty much have every country in the world asking them to back down and they keep on displaying confrontational acts - not just to one individual country but a multitude of them,Canada included.I know the show of force by Russia to Canada is related to the Artic and ownership of etc re our border situation.

Can anybody sort me out ?
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Question about Russia Ukraine Putin - help

Postby tedd » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:29 am

This is what Hitler did, John - and is the same as China is doing
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:43 pm

No I totally get that Tedd is doing the same thing as Hitler did or at least is making his initial steps.Serious Tedd I am addicted to current events and understand it to a point what I don't understand is what Putin is trying to accomplish.His ignorance and show of Rusian solidarity to the rest of the world is in line with North Korea.
I know he is determined to gain mineral and mining rights in Canada's Artic keep in mind we have very close borders in our North.
Something else that is troubling me is the holy war Isis and the Middle East.Frighting the media induced beheadings and such,even more disturbing is the influence they carry over the nieve younger generation.I am very concerned for the future it's going to get a lot worse as the days progress.England and The USA have a shitstorm of trouble ahead with terrorism - how about the desecration of ancient artifacts - nasty nasty nasty.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Nefer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:29 pm

I've started watching VICE on HBO and wile very depressing the conclusion I've drawn is that it's all about resources and more specifically oil. And how do we reduce our dependence on oil? Stop driving cars that guzzle the stuff would be a great start.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby tedd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:19 am

I agree Nefer - it's about time that petrol was treated as a scarce resource - people whinge about paying $1.50 a litre for gas but don't hesitate, without a whimper, to pay $2 for a can of sweet fizzy water
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby E-Hoog » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I just spent a week at the Calvados cost in Normandy, France, while reading Stephen Ambrose's D-Day. It really makes you appreciate the sacrifice that young soldiers (and their families) had to make to make to win that war. I really hope that no great world conflict will follow all these aggresive actions by people in the Middle East and Russia!

And you are absolutely right. It is all about the oil/other resources. Now it's oil, but very soon it will be rare minerals. It won't be long before the eyes of the world are back on Africa...

The quest for renewable energy is long from over. For instance, due to heavy subsidising by governments Europe is placing more and more windmills. However, this has some far-reached consequences (e.g. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... scale.html ).
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Return to General Discussion Forum