Hey Forum - Looking for a good book to read

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Hey Forum - Looking for a good book to read

Postby johnrogers » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Desperate for an unforgettable book to read - any recommendations will be appreciated
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Hey Forum - Looking for a good book to read

Postby Matbow » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Do you like Sci-Fi or Fantasy? If so, try "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy), or try James S.A Coreys Expanse series (just made into a TV show on SyFy).

If neither of those float your boat, did you ever try James Clavell?
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Hey Forum - Looking for a good book to read

Postby johnrogers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:29 am

Matbow wrote:Do you like Sci-Fi or Fantasy? If so, try "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss (fantasy), or try James S.A Coreys Expanse series (just made into a TV show on SyFy).

If neither of those float your boat, did you ever try James Clavell?

Yes Matbow I have read most of what James Clavell has written,by far he is one of the premium authors of our time.For some reason or the other I can't wrap my head around science fiction or fantasy I have tried on several occasions but hit the wall about half way thru every time.
However I found my solution I downloaded The Raven Triolgy by Giles Kristian today and am halfway thru book #1.So in reverse Matbow I suggest you do the same I'm pretty certain Giles will amaze you
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Return to General Discussion Forum