WHAT IF

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

WHAT IF

Postby delby » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:32 am

So this is easy you Just think of a what if which would affect the way the world is

mine is what if Lennon
and McCartney had never met?
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby Rivaan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:05 am

Lennon may not have died when he did, and many bands today wouldn't be around. Should one man lose his life for the sake of everyone's enjoyment in the future, as well as the enrichment of the arts? Hmm..

What if Hitler's mother had bumped her stomach into something and had a miscarriage instead of a Nazi dictator?
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:18 am

We wouldn't have had major world wars, or economic booms, or the independence of many countries in Africa... possibly...

What if some genius starting marketing electric cars to the public?
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

WHAT IF

Postby Ada » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:23 pm

Are we supposed to answer the previous "What if"? Or do we just post another one?

If we do answer it, I used think it would be fantastic if electric cars could replace petrol ones until I found out that the power required to recharge the batteries creates more global warming problems than the petrol cars. Most of our electricity in Australia is still produced from fossil fuel power stations. They want to build more nuclear ones but a lot of us are against that also as we believe the nuclear waste/possible accidents/terrorist target problem is a far greater than the pollution problem. This problem is so serious, it could play a major part in our next Federal elections - i.e. which Party supports more nuclear power stations.

Did anyone else see the documentary on the World's depleting oil supplies? People interviewed believed we are on the down side of the supply/availability peak and the countries supplying it have possibly exagerated their reserves. It isn't just he car fuel problem, as more than half of everything we use is based on oil - from plastics to cosmetics. This doco. was real doomsday stuff and quite an eye opener and it really is quite scary that the world relies so heavily on an exhaustible material.

Meanwhile, back at the "What if?" I agree with Nefer - it would be fantastic if someone could come up with a pollution free alternate power supply for cars.

What if (sorry, it sort of brings John Lennon back into it again), ...there were no religions?
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby John R » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:34 pm

great idea for a thread! i like it.

If there was no religions?? well the 1st thing that comes to me is there would have been a hell of a lot less wars and death. Probably more chance of world peace. No terrorism?? i'm not sure.
umm...also there would be no christmas, or easter etc. Maybe even the calander we use now would be different. Maybe the world population would be even larger now, no such thing as no sex before marriage and all that. umm...and i'm out! It's a good question. if anyone wants to add to this then go ahead!

what if JFK had never been assassinated??
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby delby » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Not exactly what i had in mind but cool anyway
but i have no idea how to answer that one maybe I should read up on kennedy :oops:
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby delby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:44 am

cant answer the Kennedy one cos I dont do politics but no one else has so Ill start the ball rolling again

What if Charles had put his foot down and Married Camilla first time round
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Rivaan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:07 am

There would be no Princes Harry and William, there would be no Candle in the Wind by Elton John (or at least not dedicated to Diana).There would also be no huge fans of Diana, and she wouldn't have died. She may not have even met Dodi Al-Fayed. The royal family would probably not be as "revealed" as they are now (there were many documentaries made because of the marriage with Diana, and even more after her death).

What if Wilbur Smith's next title was the start of a sci-fi series of books?
Rivaan

Postby Ada » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:40 pm

^Then hell will have frozen over and pigs will be flying!!! :lol:

WS writing Sci Fi :?: :shock: I can't believe you said that Rivaan. :lol:

Some one else can do a "What if...." It's Friday the 13th :twisted: and I'm a little too superstitious to post one today. 8-[
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

WHAT IF

Postby Ada » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:58 am

It's now the 14th, so I'm happy to post one. A bit off the wall and sort of following Rivaan's Sci Fi theme...........

What if friendly aliens landed on Earth? :-s
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Yakumo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:33 pm

The local Military would shoot first ask questions later and the whole interconnectedness of all things would fail. Then the Friendly Aliens Friends would send down some form of weapon that would eliminate the entire human race.

What if there was no God
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:33 am

What If there was no God?
There is probably no question which could have a longer answer.
It could be a thread all by itself.
The World would be totally different, both great and horrible actions have been taken in the name of God whichever form of God was worshiped.
The population of the Earth would be different in size and makeup, Millions of people have been killed or born in the name of God.
All World history would change.

What if there was a shared interpretation of God by all of the worlds religious people?
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Danny Ramone » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:23 pm

what if the germans had invented the nuclear bomb before the yanks?
Danny Ramone

Currently Reading: power of the sword

Re: WHAT IF

Postby irene » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:36 pm

I often think to myself What if the internet failed forever?
irene

Currently Reading: Jamaica Inn

Postby delby » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 am

hey just thought of one what if bowby had never put together this forum lol
Last edited by delby on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re:

Postby bluebird » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am

Danny Ramone wrote:what if the germans had invented the nuclear bomb before the yanks?

Well, That is a real thought provoker, but I would gander a guess, that you and most every one else in the world would be speaking German.

There would be large areas of the globe suffering from the latent effects of radiation. ( As a "yank" if feel that more than just two cities would have been decimated had the Germans unlocked the nuclear genie first)

And let's see, There would be less "ethnic" diversity in the world today, and one of the three major religions would have been erased.

(btw some Americans can and do take great offense at being called a "yank", if you should ever travel to our Southern states I would advise against the use of "yank" or "Dude". This will lead to my next what if.....

What if the Confederate States, the south, had won the American Civil War?

I ,myself, am quite happy with the history as it has played out in both of these queries and feel that the world is a better place than it could have become.
bluebird

Currently Reading: Reign of the favored

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Hmmmm, that's an interesting one...if the CSA had won the American Civil War than the hillbillies outside of my local Walmart would be wearing the Stars and Stripes on their trucker hats. Male Seahorses carry the babies after copulation. WHAT IF HUMAN MEN HAD TO CARRY BABIES?! :lol: :shock:
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Postby Ada » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Son of the Silver Fox wrote:Hmmmm, that's an interesting one...if the CSA had won the American Civil War than the hillbillies outside of my local Walmart would be wearing the Stars and Stripes on their trucker hats. Male Seahorses carry the babies after copulation. WHAT IF HUMAN MEN HAD TO CARRY BABIES?! :lol: :shock:

The Governator did that in the movie Junior. :lol: (Assuming you mean had to be pregnant that is.) They had that story a while ago wasn't it where a "man" was supposed to have been the first man to give birth! It was a load of bunk because "he" was born a "she" and had a sex change operation but didn't have the womb removed. I can't believe so many people made such a big deal out of it.

[b7] I've got the double DVD of Twins and Junior. I love Danny DeVito's movies. Schwarzenegger & DeVito work well together - or should it be DeVito works well with anyone? Some people think the jury's still out as to whether Schwarzenegger can act. He can't be too bad - he got himself elected Governor of California - or isn't that hard to do? :eek: I know very little about U.S. politics.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

What if Wilbur Smith lived another 50 years and wrote another 30 books - that would be fun eh forum members
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:38 pm

"What If W.S. Lived another 50 yr.s...."
I'd have to last another 51 years, so I could read them all! lol

"What if everything really tasted like chicken?"
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member